Audi Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I bought an RNS-E and DVD from someone and it seems that the two are currently incompatible. The disc is "8P0 919 884 C", and the hardware is "HW:H56, SW:0360".

Do I need a new map disk or perhaps a firmware update for the unit?

Thanks

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
The "C" DVD ist 2005 with sw 0100. For sw 0360 you need a 2005_1 or newer (Index "E" or higher). If you don't want to get a new DVD you could downgrade your software back to 0100. But then you will lose all the bug fixes in 0360. I would recommend to get a 2005_1 or newer DVD, that way you can use any software up to 0500.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
andyt99 said:
Hi, I bought an RNS-E and DVD from someone and it seems that the two are currently incompatible. The disc is "8P0 919 884 C", and the hardware is "HW:H56, SW:0360".

Do I need a new map disk or perhaps a firmware update for the unit?

Thanks
The DVD you have is an EU 2005 one, which came with SW version 0100.

Your RNS-E has SW version 0360 which came on the EU 2005_2 DVD & will only read map DVD's from 2005_1 onwards.

So you either need a newer map DVD, or you need to use VAG-COM to downgrade the SW in your RNS-E using the map DVD that you have (use the search feature on here for details how to do that).

I would advise against buying a new map DVD at full price since the 2007 DVD is due out very shortly (next month in Germany). If you need your RNS-E to be working straight away then either downgrade the SW version, or get a copy of any of these EU DVD's: 2005_1, 2005_2, 2006, 2006_1.

If you bought the map DVD and the RNS-E from the same seller then you should go back to him and "ask" him to provide you with a map DVD that is compatible with your RNS-E, i.e. 2005_1 or later.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How much is a fair price for one of these DVDs? I've no idea how much they are new. There seems to be quite a few 2006_1 on eBay, up to £70 or so. I presume these discs are copy protected.. or could I be paying £70 for a copy? OK, they *say* they're original, but...

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
The new price from an Audi dealer in the UK is nearly £400!

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
andyt99 said:
How much is a fair price for one of these DVDs? I've no idea how much they are new. There seems to be quite a few 2006_1 on eBay, up to £70 or so. I presume these discs are copy protected.. or could I be paying £70 for a copy? OK, they *say* they're original, but...
I have few original ones for sale if you are interested.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
PROXUS said:
I have few original ones for sale if you are interested.
Yes I should be interested. I've private messaged you about this. Which ones do you have and what are the prices? Are you US or UK based (US would bump up the postage quite a bit!)? Thanks

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
PetrolDave said:
So you either need a newer map DVD, or you need to use VAG-COM to downgrade the SW in your RNS-E using the map DVD that you have (use the search feature on here for details how to do that).
I've now got my new dual-K VAG-COM cable, so I want to try this downgrade. I figure I'll wait for the 2007 DVD y'see. However, all I can find here is the VAG code that refers to forced downgrade (http://www.navplus.us/forum/index.php?f=10), without any idea of the procedure. Any instructions? Cheers

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
The downgrade process is the following:
- remove DVD
- change #56 channel 97 to 1, save and exit VAQ-COM
- insert the old DVD
- change #56 channel 97 to 0, save and exit VA-COMG

1 - 11 of 11 Posts