Audi Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have installed my RNS-E and so far I can’t get the changer to work. My cables are for Bose audio system with CD changer.

I remember when I was installing the RNS-E (Euro) that there was a ground cable that I did not connect because there was no place to connect it to.
Is that the wire that everyone talks about? The magical Black ground wire, and if so can someone provide me directions on how and where to connect it to?

Thank you,

Edy

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
yes, that's the wire. If you have no wire coming from the car in Connector I pin 10 then simply connect that wire to ground (for example the main brown ground wire in your RNS-E harness) and your changer should start working.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Yes...this is a common problem.

In a B5 A4/S4 (Sym I), the CDC ground is in the large red 10 pin (connector IV). In the Sym II, the CDC is grounded in the 20 pin connector (#10).

Easiest thing to do is run a wire tap between the CDC ground wire in connector IV and the main ground source for the RNS-E (usually a large thick brown wire). Just make sure you double check your pin-outs etc.

Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts