Audi Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i have a question i bought a RNS-E model version R in the overview on this forum it says it is model 2008 with SDS.

are there people who also have this R version?? can someone confirm me if this model Really has SDS ?

this is what i founs on the forum here : 8E0 035 192 R Audi A4 Europe, MY 2008, 8E B7, with SDS

these are the things i know from the unit.

8E0 035 192 R
Hardware H 73
Software 0550

i hope to hear from someone who knows this or has a R version to.

thanks.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
This RNS-E is so new, I doubt that many people will already have it. If you already bought and have it in your hands, go into engineering mode and see if the flash memory actually show a version. If that's the case chances are good that it supports SDS.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
The only sure way to see if the unit really supports SDS is to look for the two SDS specific menus.

There is one for setting the SDS language and another for setting the SDS volume.

Both can be found under Setup.

If you have those menus then you DO have an SDS capable unit, if you don't have those menus then your unit is NOT SDS capable.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Re: i found this

charly_holland said:
ah ok.. but i bought it because i found this on the site here.. who gives this info??

http://www.navplus.us/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2

i hope i have luck...
That information is based on reports from contributors here, confirmed whenever possible.

Having said that it isn't uncommon for units that have identical markings to behave differently e.g. there is a report (from a regular, knowledgeable and trusted contributor) of a C unit that supports SDS, but several tens/hundreds/thousands of other C units do NOT support SDS!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nobody

i didn t see any reply yet from someone who has the R version, isn t there anyone with this unit??? can be that i am the first one...

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
it arrived

it took a long time and i know the answer now…….. i installed the new unit and .. YES it has SDS..

So for your info and tell it on the navplus site the 8E0 035 192 R has SDS

But now what is the best Coding set.. I read so many topics here and I saw everybody is still discovering new things…

But what would be an advise for me.. you with the experience and testing here..!!

My situation is:

Navi R version (H73 SW 0550) Navi Cd 2006_1
BT module J version or os.
Speech English
Sound Bose
No tuner and no satellite radio.
Cd changer in dash YES ( 6 cd’s)
Television input (I hope unlimited speed)

Microphone connected to both RNS-E and BT module.. as you told in a topic.

My current coding ( in old navi) was 309717 but today I realiseted that I think I should have been 309707 so wrong coding Not?

My mobile is a Qtek 8310 ( i always saw the phonebook in my Dis..positive!!) after turning on the ignition the preferred mode was Telephone in dis..
( so sometimes I accidently phone someone when I didn t set it on radio on the MFSW.

advise wanted...

·
Registered
479 Posts
Hi, when you say "the Microphone connected to both RNS-E and BT module.. as you told in a topic" - what topic was that and how and why did you have to connect o both ?

I am just in the process of wiring in my BT harness and Mic so I would like yo get it right first time if possible.

Thanks Dave.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Re: it arrived

charly_holland said:
it took a long time and i know the answer now…….. i installed the new unit and .. YES it has SDS..

So for your info and tell it on the navplus site the 8E0 035 192 R has SDS

But now what is the best Coding set.. I read so many topics here and I saw everybody is still discovering new things…

But what would be an advise for me.. you with the experience and testing here..!!

My situation is:

Navi R version (H73 SW 0550) Navi Cd 2006_1
BT module J version or os.
Speech English
Sound Bose
No tuner and no satellite radio.
Cd changer in dash YES ( 6 cd’s)
Television input (I hope unlimited speed)

Microphone connected to both RNS-E and BT module.. as you told in a topic.

My current coding ( in old navi) was 309717 but today I realiseted that I think I should have been 309707 so wrong coding Not?

My mobile is a Qtek 8310 ( i always saw the phonebook in my Dis..positive!!) after turning on the ignition the preferred mode was Telephone in dis..
( so sometimes I accidently phone someone when I didn t set it on radio on the MFSW.

advise wanted...
Your coding is correct what you have to change is in BT Controller 77 as described here:
http://www.navplus.us/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3218&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

1 - 12 of 12 Posts