Audi Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i bought an RNS-E 2 weeks ago, i swapped the unit with my old one.

the NAVI is working 100% BUT... when i put it in my car i didn t have to enter a pincode ????? strange ???

i ask the seller for the code but he said, you don t need it. IS THIS STRANGE??

- can i just activated it, and give it a pin myself?
- is this a setting?
- is this a software issue. I have H73 and SW550
- can i resolve the pin from somewhere in the "engineering mode", it was also NOT on the outside of the navi.
- is it possible to recode? or what is the simplest way to get the anti thief , pincode working.
- is it possible to toggle the pincode mode to active and not active?

- AM I GETTING PROBLEMS IN THE FUTURE??

i hope some technicians can help me.

thanks...(waiting curious for some answers..)

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
If you install a brand new RNS-E that has never been turned on or installed in a car, you won't need a code. But once you pair it with a car or bench test it you will need the code. So having a RNS-E without code will cause trouble in the future.

·
Registered
62 Posts
so when you put an rns-e into transport mode and install it in an car after that will it think its an new rns-e unit and wont ask for any code?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
No, transport mode has nothing to do with an RNS-E being factory new. Transport mode only makes the RNS-E not to wake up when the doors open, and some other things.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
resolve

hi but ok how do i read the code ...vagcom? how do i set it? someone told me he can change the code, does someone know how?

or can i see it somewhere in the enginering mode?

thanks

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Re: resolve

charly_holland said:
hi but ok how do i read the code ...vagcom? how do i set it? someone told me he can change the code, does someone know how?

or can i see it somewhere in the engineering mode?
NONE of those.

You cannot see or change the code using VAG-COM or any other non-dealer tool.

There is one way to learn the code - fit the RNS-E in a car and go to a dealer. They connect it to their VAS which goes online and looks up the RNS-E on the Audi database and finds the serial number.

There is one (risky) way to change the code - get someone to change the EEPROM on the motherboard. Several motherboards have been destroyed doing this so it might work, but it's risky.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts