Audi Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I need help!!!
I have a 2003 B6 S4 with an RNS-D and I have bought an RNS-E to install.I have all the necessary adapters and wiring and the only thing that remains now is to connect the Can-Hi , Can-Low cables that are in the harness (from Kufatec) in the appropriate position in TMC box.I read somewhere that I can use the no.13 and no.26 cables-pins from the 26-pin cable that comes from the TMC box but the problem is that I need the TMC box to install it with the rns-d in another car so I want to keep all its wiring.

I tried to locate the TMC box....but its nowhere!!!Not behind the glove box,neither in the driver's side.
Does anyone knows where it is?The wire from the 26-pin seems to go somewhere behind the dash!!!
In case I find it....what do I have to do next?Is it possible to connect the "kufatec" cables from the RNS-E adapter in the appropriate position in the wire that goes to the TMC box???

Thanks in advance,,,,

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!!!I found the TMC box in the left side of thte trunk and I managed to take it out after a lot of effort.I jumbed the Can wires in the trunk to close the circuit and I took the Can signals from the 26pin behind the navi.
Eveything is ok now.....the only problem is that the TMC sign in the screen seems to be disabled.Is that because there is no TMC function in Greece or because I have not programmed the RNS-E through the Vag-Com?

Thanks again

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Did you connect the two antenna cables at the TMC boc as well? Did you select a radio station that sends TMC data?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes I did connect the two antennas but TMC function is not supported in Greece.Propably this is the reason why it seems disabled...

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Pgtiakias said:
... TMC function is not supported in Greece.
That will be why the TMC icon is crossed out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts