Audi Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there!

I have a a6 2000 car, factory RNS-D setup with telephone. Got myself an RNS-E and PnP cable from kufatec. Everything works fine after install but no automatic ON/OFF start-up.

Well, I tried to find a solution to this problem but no luck, as I could understand this should do with a GALA connection or smth like that.

Please help me out. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Did you remove the TMC tuner and connect the CAn wires properly? Is the RNS-E coded for an A6?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RNS-E - 4B0 035 192 P, I guess it is coded, but can be mistaken. And where should I look for TMC tuner?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
The Kufatec adapter should have had some instructions saying to connect the CAN wires to the cluster. Did you do that?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Well, if it's an A6 adapter then there should be two wires for CAN that are supposed to get connected to the cluster. Or to the 26 pin connector if you bridge the TMC tuner.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, so I have to wire the pin #3 from cluster to rns-e 26 pin socket. But what pin should I wire to? :roll: Thanks

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
I would recommend to take a look at NSX Jr's manuals over at http://www.nsxjr.com, they show all the connections and where to get the various signals from.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I connected two CAN wires to my 26 pin connector, bad luck again. It's still doesn't turn on/off with ignition switched and no illumination. Strange

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.