Audi Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,I am new in the forum and I realy appriciate all you guys have done here.It is amazing how much information you can find.

Reading through the forum I decided to replace my Navi+ Cd Unit (with bose) in my B6 S4 with a RNS-E unit and I have a few questions before I order it.

1. Can I keep my existing gps antennas,radio antennas etc or I will have to install the new antennas
2. Can i connect my existing glove box cd-changer?
3. Does the RNS-E unit has a tv-tuner and if not can I install one later.
4. If I connect my Cd-changer to the rns-e unit is iti also possible to connect an external source for video or there is only one external input?

I also have a 2001 S3 with symphony II and Bose speakers. I wonder if it is possible to fit the "old unit" from my S4 (besides the small gap in the faceplate) and what else will I need to do it....cables etc.

If the above is not an easy thing, can you also tell me if an rns-e unit is available for the S3 and from which model.(i found a topic in the quick link with some info but the pictures were not available)

Thanks

·
Registered
996 Posts
some answers:

Hello,I am new in the forum and I realy appriciate all you guys have done here.It is amazing how much information you can find.

Reading through the forum I decided to replace my Navi+ Cd Unit (with bose) in my B6 S4 with a RNS-E unit and I have a few questions before I order it.

1. Can I keep my existing gps antennas,radio antennas etc or I will have to install the new antennas
ted: you can keep both. antenna adaptors to RNSE will be needed. Also, the RNSE uses a FAKRA/SMB interface for the GPS.

2. Can i connect my existing glove box cd-changer?
Depends on the part#. See the quicklinks section. I'm 90% sure the rnsd gbox cdc will work with the RNSE.

3. Does the RNS-E unit has a tv-tuner and if not can I install one later.

Yes. Search this forum for NSXJr's TV tuner install in his C5 A6 and RNSE.

4. If I connect my Cd-changer to the rns-e unit is iti also possible to connect an external source for video or there is only one external input?

Yes. Most of the B6 crowd has been using a combination of the Dietz 1280 (strips out speed signal from canbus for video in motion) and the Dietz 1417 (a/V input device into rnse). There will probably be some new products on the market shortly that will offer the same here. Stay tuned.

5) I also have a 2001 S3 with symphony II and Bose speakers. I wonder if it is possible to fit the "old unit" from my S4 (besides the small gap in the faceplate) and what else will I need to do it....cables etc.

Possibly. Fitment might be challenging....and you might need to check if the S3 has canbus wiring/capability from the instrument cluster.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts