Audi Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all thanks for NAVPLUS (PROXUS?) sending me bluetooth in such a fast manner and also NSXjr for the tip. I received the module in the next day after i placed order. Everything works fine and I am so satisfied how BT integrates so nice with RNS-E and DIS screen.

Now I am exploring the capability of BT module and noticed that I don't get any information displayed on DIS screen when I press voice command button on my steering wheel (the button on the right with arrow). As i read other postings in this board, once I press the button it should show someting on the display. Another thing related to that is at one time the Audi lady reconized my voice command such as "dial number", "name" and so on. But now she only reconizes "cancel" command. Any other command I speak she replies simply "sorry" and cancels the voice command feature. I think the "dial number" command worked for a while but it stopped working after I changed the BT module coding. I think I changed from 0001777 to 0001877 or something close. Could the problem due to the coding of BT module?

Also the RNS-E unit coding was somewhat confusing. I tried 0309637 then the DIS doesn't work so I changed to 0309633 and it shows telephone on DIS. Is 2005 standard steering wheel is multifunction wheel or not?

The last thing, on Instrument cluster coding (#17), My default value was 21 and i think i read it somewher i need to change the value to something else to show telephone info on DIS. Right now DIS shows phone book, call, dial, end call on it.. But as i noted, nothing displays when i press voice command button...

Someone please suggest the right coding for my BT module, RNS-E, Instrument Cluster.... Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Actually, my DIS no longer says "SPEAK" when activating the voice commands. It used to do this, but that was before I updated the software on my RNS-E. Seems strange, and I am still trying to figure out if I can get it back. However, I think that "SPEAK" display was actually a function of the RNS-E, not the BT module if that makes sense.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Instrument cluster coding should be 7 or 23 for radio, phone and NAV.

+1 = radio
+2 = phone
+4 = NAV

+16 = if your car needs it(!)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts