Audi Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently installed an RNS-e unit from PROXUS into my '05 S4 and I just noticed in the Navigation manual that the RNS-e is also supposed to display the navigation directions on the instrument cluster display. Mine does not do that. Is something wrong? Do I need to have it VAG'd to get that feature to work?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
AudiA4B6US said:
Corrado79 said:
Do I need to have it VAG'd to get that feature to work?
Yes. With "it" being the intrument cluster.
Could you point me to where I can find the codes I'll need to have my buddy with the VAG enter to the cluster to make it work with the RNS-e? I have a friend with a VAG computer, but he wouldn't know off-hand what needs to be entered to get the instrument cluster to display the navigation directions. This is for a '05 S4 (B6) if that helps. Thanks!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
AudiA4B6US said:
#17, channel 62, add +4 to the current value.
Sorry to bother you again, but one follow-up question:

Will this VAG-COM setting also resolve the problem with the instrument cluster display not scrolling the station title/song name? When I play MP3's/Radio, the cluster only shows the first 8 characters or so of either song title (MP3) or radio station. With the Symphony II, it would scroll the entire song name on the cluster.

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Sorry, that's not a bug but a feature. The RNS-E doesn't scroll text in the DIS, neither RDS text nor ID3 tags.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
AudiA4B6US said:
Sorry, that's not a bug but a feature. The RNS-E doesn't scroll text in the DIS, neither RDS text nor ID3 tags.
Got it. I did notice; however, that when I have the FM radio in normal mode (not presets) on the DIS the RNS-e will scroll certain song tracks for some stations, but not nearly as many stations as with the Symphony II. Odd.

Anyway, I am going to get the cluster VAG'd this weekend using the code you mentioned before so I can get the arrows on the cluster. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I also recently installed nav plus purchased from PROXUS in my '06 S4, and having the same issue. I know I have to VAG-COM to display the navigation directions on the instrument clusters, but I'm not even getting the first 8 characters of the radio station title/song name. All I get is FM and station name (ex. FM 94.9). Does anyone one of you know how to fix this since you said you're getting the first 8 characters or so of the song title???[/quote]

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
LiLjL84 said:
I also recently installed nav plus purchased from PROXUS in my '06 S4, and having the same issue. I know I have to VAG-COM to display the navigation directions on the instrument clusters, but I'm not even getting the first 8 characters of the radio station title/song name. All I get is FM and station name (ex. FM 94.9). Does anyone one of you know how to fix this since you said you're getting the first 8 characters or so of the song title???
[/quote]
It all depends what the FM station you are tuned to transmits.

Think yourselves lucky you get anything! - in the UK NONE of the radio stations transmit song title information!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.