Audi Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey'all...Newbie here...I was going over this site since I was thinking of installing the RNS-E in my S4 Cab. I was wondering if anyone on here has done this?

I have a 2005 S4 Cab with the Bose Symphony. I know it has the RadioPilot (or whatever it's called, it's not GALA).

The key questions I have are:
- Anyone tried installing on a cab?
- I'd definitely like to have the Bluetooth and iPod adapter, CD changer is optional.

The detailed pictures and instructions are great, I'm just a bit daunted since I'm not familiar with all the parts and haven't seen a Cab installation on here yet.

Thanks.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Just follow the A4 B6/B7 Sedan/Avant postings, your Cabrio is pretty much the same. You can use any 8E0 or 8H0 RNS-E and it will be a simple plug and play swap if you put the GPS antenna somewhere under the dash. Bose and the AudioPilot is no problem, just order the correct adapter.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks...

Guess no one in the Houston area has done a retrofit and is on the board? Just like to see if I could get some help...

Actually, I think the only help I may need is with the cables. And programming/updating the car with the VAG Log procedure.

I'm trying to decide if I want to keep my XM Radio installed and opt for the Phatbox in lieu of the CD Changer.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just in case your are curious...I asked Clairparts.com do quote me some prices. Here's what I received, all prices in USD.

RNS-E - 8H0 035 192 B $3530.77
TEL Module - 8P0 862 335 C $443.25
iPod adapter - 8E0 035 111 A $155.16
CD Changer - 8E0 035 111 A, $760.77

Looks like those of you that bought one for under $3000 got a great deal.

Now to look at some other sources.

Now to see how bad I want the new system.... :?:

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
The CD changer will require a different glovebox and harness but I would skip the changer until you tried the SD card and iPod. It's easy to put 6 or more CDs on a cheap SD card for under $30.

Check the for sale section here, there are many "like new" units for significant less $$$.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, I was thinking of leaving out the CD changer and just using the SD cards (which is what I use in my iPaq anyway). I do want the TEL and iPod, so that's probably the direction I'll be going.

I'm going to ask the dealer or one of their staff to see if they can help program the car when I get done.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am in the process of installing one in my 2004 B6 S4 Cabriolet...I don't think there were any changes between 04 and 05 on the Cabriolet.

I can try to put together some install pics if you like or if you have any questions...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks! There isn't any difference in the dash for 2004-2006 cabrios so the pics would be a great help.

Which unit are you installing? I've been wondering if there's really any difference between the 8E0 and 8H0 models.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am installing the 8EO one...it is the K version so I am not sure what issue I will run in to if any. I am just waiting for the adapter to connect it so I can turn the unit on. The unit fits in dash perfectly...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts