Audi Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi this is my first post!

My boss has a 2004 Lamborghini Gallardo and would like me to retrofit the RNS-E Sat Nav for him, I have had some experiance with BMW Sat NAv before but never with Audi so this forum has been great at getting me up to speed.

Here is a picture of the stereo as it is currently:

Firstly if anyone can see any problems immediately why this wouldn't work please let me know. I have a couple of questions as the information regarding the Lambo is obviously rarer (I have been using the search though :) ).

1) I assume that the A4 version of the RNS-E is the best to go for as it requires the least amount of cutting to the fascia, is there anything else to take into account? There doesn't seem to be any good reason to spend more on a specific Lamborghini one.

2) If I was to have the A4 RNS-E recoded to Lamborghini would I then require Lamborghini or Audi Nav disks?

Thats it for now, but I'm sure I'll have some more later, thanks for the help!

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
If it's an Audi RNS-E running the Audi software you need the Audi DVD.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If it is an Audi RNS-E and it has been recoded to show the Lamborghini logo on start up is it still running Audi software? This obviously makes it easier as I wouldn't need to buy another disk.

From my current understanding I would need:
1) VAG-COM Cable & Software (with Lamborghini Adapter) to recode the cluster and stereo?
2) Symphony II to RNS-E Cable (as I assume the car currently has the symphony II system?)
3) Aerial Adapter
4) RNS-E with GPS reciever and Nav Disk (probably from an A4)

Is this everything or have I over looked something?

Thanks

Jeremy

·
Registered
11 Posts
Completed install in 04 Gallardo

I just completed the install and I was able to purchase the unit pre-vagcom programed from a guy on ebay. The package came with the plug-n-play harness, removal keys, gps antenna, Audi DVD that woks in unit vagcom programmed as Lambo, and a CD with manuals and other info. Before you ask there is a small key on the side of radio antenna #2 that slides out, you will need to add it to the antenna harness that comes with the new radio.

The keys were kind of thin and slipped under the lock but enventually I got it out. I used a razor/utility knife to cut down the face plate working from front to back. After I covered the the screen and buttons, with masking tape, then sanded and polished the edges to look factory.

Thanks to many post on this forum I read threre is a small metal bracket just behind the glove box to mount the antenna. I found it, however I used double stick tape to stick the antenna to the underside of the dash. The entire install takes about two hours.

I've ordered the multimedia adapter, having the RNSE Vag-Com Programmed to Lambo will allow the unit to switch to backup camera automatically. I let you know how it works.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts