Audi Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can DVD Nav be retrofitted into a Q7? The KBase articles here all seem to deal with RNS-E retrofits.

I did see the A6 retrofit thread down below. Would the install process be similar since both are MMI/MOST based? Is there a step-by-step guide around and where would I source the necessary parts from?

TIA!
Mike

·
Registered
65 Posts
Retrofit

Just order the kit from Kufatec (all parts and guidelines exept for the Navi-DVD, I bought mine from EBay)

http://www.kufatec.de

The process should be similar.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Couple more questions...Is the Nav unit for the C6 A6, D3 A8 and 4L Q7 the same? and is the Navteq disc for the three also the same?

·
Registered
65 Posts
The DVD-disc is the same

I don't know if the Nav-unit is the same, but you should order the one for Q7. The price at Kufatec is the same for both Q7 and A6 - so chances are that the kits are identical. But I wouldn't risk it - better safe than sorry...

The DVD-disc is the same as far as I know (at least my european version).

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Kufatec kits are really only for European models, the UK and US cars are actually different. For example the Kufatec phone kits come with fuse block connectorswith the wrong size for UK models.

But I don't think the NAV module is different between continents, just the NAV DVD.

·
Registered
22 Posts
yes nav can be retrofitted as long as you have the color screen in the dash and not the red screen

i have seen a few Q7's without the mounting bracket for the nav drive so you might want to check to make sure that you have a place to mount the drive

lift up the rear floor cover and the cargo bin so you can see the spare tire. on the pass side there sould be a metal bracket to mount the drive in(you have to look under the side of the cargo area right under the power outlet)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the replies guys. I took the cowardly route and ended up buying a Q7 with factory installed Nav. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts