Audi Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I got a Audi A6 avant -06 and want to retrofit MMi High!
Today I got MMi Basic +.. so Iam wondering wich parts I need to buy if I want to do MMi High with Nav!
Do I need to change headunit? Radiobox?

or is it just 7" screen, dvd navigation, gps fin, cables that I need? Or what is needed to be changed if it is a stock basic+ now? Just want to know I wont buy duplicates :) No return guarantee :/
With the navigation I got already a good idea but for the MMi High Iam confused about radiobox and headunit.. I got radio so why need another radio box? :) I need a audio video input to.. so do I need tv tuner to?

· Registered
3,658 Posts
DO a search, there have been several posts here telling you what parts are required.

· Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DO a search, there have been several posts here telling you what parts are required.
I have found some threads yes.. but it says radiobox, 6cd changer etc.. So I just want to know if I need 6 cd changer, radiobox, headunit?
As I already have cd drive, radio and a headunit for my MMi Basic+ already! So didnt find that answer anywhere.. if u know where to find it please point me in right direction!

Have some art nrs?

· Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

· Registered
3,658 Posts
Read the thread correctly, the radio/CD/Control head is combined on an MMI basic system, you have to throw it away and replace it with a radio, CD changer and control head with Fbas. And yes you will need a TV tuner.

· Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeh I read them to :)

A question about the headunit.. I want one with FBUS and I found one from a A6 from 2004 it got the same manufacture nr but would it work? cant be the same as a old one as a new one? or does need to be reprogrammed? It look the same as a new one!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts