Audi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello people,

Just need for some help from expert people from this forum, because i'm not getting any support from my dealer :roll:
The goal is retrofit S-Line MFSW in my car (A3 8P MY 2006).

I just went at 2 dealers and they don't know what parts I need to do this retrofit, in fact one of them said that it's not possible?! I suppose that these guys should be experts in these issues...

I spend a lot of time read this forum and I saw a lot of people that did these modifications, so I believe that is possible.

From my understanding I need a new Control Module and new MFSW.
Don't need a new airbag and s/c ring because I’ll use the same airbag that I have already.

Can someone confirm if I'm correct and if I'm, can someone with ETKA or ELSA search the part numbers for the Control Module and the new MFSW.

After I get this part numbers info I'll teach to those Portuguese dealers, how to work! :evil:

Thanks a lot

José

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
The A3 is built a bit different from the B6/B7 A4. The steering electronics module is mounted under the steering switch connector which is the same part in all A3 cars. It is hard to decode in ETKA what part is used for what different steering wheel setup. What I would suggest is that you try to install the steering wheel with your existing s/c ring and see if you can get it to work by doing some coding in your can gateway (long coding helper).

I don't have the bentley manual for the A3 so I can't really help out any more than to look in ETKA which is not very clear at all on this matter.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply.

I don't have order the MFSW yet, because I don't get any answer about part number from my delaer. That's why I ask for help regarding part numbers.

Lets wait and see if someone else can help me. Thanks any way.

José

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Today I got some news from my dealer regarding this project.

So, the parts that I need are:

8P0 419 091 CM TNA - MFSW
4F0 951 527 - Buttons for SW Left
4F0 951 527 A - Buttons for SW Right
8P0 953 549 F - Electronic module for SW
8P0 971 589 P - Cables for buttons in SW

Well, all these parts costs a lot of money...

I dont't need new airbag neither new S/C ring because I'll use the same that I use right now.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
msullx said:
Today I got some news from my dealer regarding this project.

So, the parts that I need are:

8P0 419 091 CM TNA - MFSW
4F0 951 527 - Buttons for SW Left
4F0 951 527 A - Buttons for SW Right
8P0 953 549 F - Electronic module for SW
8P0 971 589 P - Cables for buttons in SW

Well, all these parts costs a lot of money...

I dont't need new airbag neither new S/C ring because I'll use the same that I use right now.
8P0 419 091 AC is a multifunction sport wheel in my ETKA and eventually 8P0 419 091 AD is for tiptronic-cars. But The 2 wheels have the buttons and cables mounted. A multifunction steering wheel must be complete. So they want to sell you doubles buttons?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We are talkong about S-Line MFSW for Audi A3 8P MY 2006.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
msullx said:
We are talkong about S-Line MFSW for Audi A3 8P MY 2006.
Yes we are talking about a 3 spoke sport punched-leather multifunction Steering Wheel for A3 8P 2006 look at the pict. below:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK, now I'm confuse :roll:

Tomorrow I'll came back to my dealer to clarify this question.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
I did install like that in my car. This is S-Line MFSW with tiprtonic pads but I never had time or need to connect them. You can get exactly the same one without pads and without S-Line badge for less money.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Today I went to dealer and talked about the steering wheel part number.

They are searching the correct part number. According them, this is a complicate task :shock:

The Steering Wheel that I want is 3 Spoks Sport with S-Line badge.

They will contact me during next week :roll:

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
msullx said:

They are searching the correct part number. According them, this is a complicate task :shock:

Always the same story they are used to gain a lot of money without problems in selling the cars and just you ask them something in aftermarket they are incapables.... :twisted: :twisted:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
a4ss4abt said:
msullx said:

Always the same story they are used to gain a lot of money without problems in selling the cars and just you ask them something in aftermarket they are incapables.... :twisted: :twisted:
Yes, I agree with you. I'm tired from those guys. They don't know anything, they don't know if it's possible, nothing...

Lucky for me that I'm member of this great comunity and forum. When I go to talk with dealer I already search a lot here and sometimes it's me that gives the answers that should be they give.

When I retrofit RNS-E I took my car to dealer and show to them that was possible, because according them, the RNS-E retrofit was impossible!!! :shock:

In Italy they are like here or it's better? :roll:

They have ETKA, it's so difficult find the correct part number for my Sport 3 Spoke S-Line MFSW :roll: ? I don't understand...

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
msullx said:
a4ss4abt said:
msullx said:

Yes, I agree with you. I'm tired from those guys. They don't know anything, they don't know if it's possible, nothing...

Lucky for me that I'm member of this great comunity and forum. When I go to talk with dealer I already search a lot here and sometimes it's me that gives the answers that should be they give.

When I retrofit RNS-E I took my car to dealer and show to them that was possible, because according them, the RNS-E retrofit was impossible!!! :shock:

In Italy they are like here or it's better? :roll:

They have ETKA, it's so difficult find the correct part number for my Sport 3 Spoke S-Line MFSW :roll: ? I don't understand...
Official Audi Dealer in Italy are like everywhere but we have a chance to become friends of the guys and so when I've bought for example my new S4 MFSW I discovered that it was possible to have also a discount. The cost of those parts was always a lot of money but for me less than any other unknown customer. I suggest you to make the same.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hello to all,

My story continue... trying to find the correct steering wheel for my car.

Can anyone with ETKA confirm if this steering wheel will fit in my A3 8P?

4F0 419 091 BT

I supose this is the correct part for MFSW S-Line 3-spooke, but don't have sure.

TIA

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Retrofit MFSW

Hello,

Finally I just received my parts from VAG Parts (always helpful Martin!).

Now I know correct part numbers, so lets go:

Multifunction S-Line Steering Wheel - 8P0 419 091 BT URS

Airbag cable with MFSW connector - 8P0 971 589 Q

Electronic Controle Module - 8P0 953 549 F

Well, now I'll tell to my dealer what parts I need to retrofit MFSW, because they still are looking :lol:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I did S-Line Multifunction Steering Wheel installation last Saturday.
It takes about 2 hours (include VAG-COM configuration).

In my case I just had to replace the Steering Controle Module by a new part and change the little airbag cable also (the new one has a extra connector to SW buttons).
The airbag is the same, no changes needed.

After all that it was vag-com time.
New codification is need in Address 16: Steering wheel and Address 37: Navigation.
Also error in ABS module (Sensor for Steering Angle G85) was correct / eliminated. After that Steering Limit Stop needs to be adapted too.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi,

I don't have any photos from my installation.

What you mean by "two wire yellow"?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
This are 2 connectors from airbag cable and they are connected to airbag module.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts