Audi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I have just by a A6 Avant 2,0tdi-08 (new) and i only have the "small" klimate control. Is it possible to retrofit the klimaplus controller?
I hope you know what i mean!?

At first i only want to change the controller in the dashboard, and maybe later i change the rest to really upgrade to klima plus....

·
Registered
65 Posts
It's not only the digital controller which, by the way, also has to be coded and accepted into MMI. For the perfect retrofit you also need to connect airflow to the B-pillar in the car and install the upgraded air-filter.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's not only the digital controller which, by the way, also has to be coded and accepted into MMI. For the perfect retrofit you also need to connect airflow to the B-pillar in the car and install the upgraded air-filter.

Thats no problem, i work on a Audi workshop so i can get all the neccesary codings. But i cant get any answer if its possible to change the controller!?
I cant think its neccesary to change the filter or the extra airflow to get it work? So the first step in this retrofit is to change the controller, and get it work next step will be to mount the extra airflow.

·
Registered
65 Posts
No offense, but if you work in an Audi Workshop, then it should be no problem for you to get the information you need from your spare-partsystem, VAS and/or coworkers.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No offense, but if you work in an Audi Workshop, then it should be no problem for you to get the information you need from your spare-partsystem, VAS and/or coworkers.
Hahaha! :D I understand what you mean, but it really not so easy! I have look very much in the systems but i cant find anything about this...
Its always like this, i retrofit a lot on my old A4 B6. But i cant find any information about "how to do" i our systems :-(
The only thing to do is to look in forums like this.
But i think i need to by a klimacontroller a do a test.
I can write about it here later if its possible or not, i think it would not be such a big work!?
Thank you anyway!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Did you do this? I am fitting heated seats so need a new panel anyway so it would be a good opportunity to upgrade if it can be done. I'm sure I've read on here that all the connections are the same.

·
Registered
383 Posts
To fit heated seats, do you have to replace the whole seats or can you somehow just fit the heating element to existing seats?

Thanks
AJAX

·
Registered
119 Posts
....or can you somehow just fit the heating element to existing seats?
AJAX
I've heard that it should be possible to fit the heating elements to the existing seats. At least in my A3 8P I'm going to try between Christmas and New Year... It should take SOME hours wit each seat but it's possible.

In E*** where are part no. for my seats and kufatec.de has the wiring... Haven't checked with other models...

·
Registered
112 Posts
I'm doing it with new seats as I have cloth seats and I'm changing to heated leather sports seats. I don't see why it couldn't be done by retrofitting the elements in the seats though. Kufatec do the wiring which I've ordered so I just need to sort the climate panel.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Ok, sounds interesting. I'll try to check ETKA and ELSA for details. I have leather seats and was once considering back seat heating retrofit but thought I would have to change the seats so didn't bother.

Keep us posted please if you manage to retrofit the heating elements!

Thanks
AJAX

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Did you do this? I am fitting heated seats so need a new panel anyway so it would be a good opportunity to upgrade if it can be done. I'm sure I've read on here that all the connections are the same.

I haven´t done this yet... Iam waiting for a cheap used controller, so i can do a test. But i write here as soon as i have tried!
I have check the electrical wiring and i dont see any problems there. I think the biggest problem is to code all the functions in the MMI high!?

By the way, its easy to change clothing on the seats(the same jobb to mount heatelements). I think it takes max 3 hours to both front seats! I have change many seatheating elements (not on A6 4f) but on similar cars (A4, old A6, Passat).

·
Registered
528 Posts
Climate control plus has more parts then only AC so you need more sensors and wiring

·
Registered
3 Posts
Couple weeks ago I've tried to do the same. I bought clima+ panel and tried to replace an AC panel. Pinouts were the same, the same dimensions and holdings. After connecting I recieved an "OFF" on each LCD at panel. The only things which were operating was buttons of rear and front windscreen heating. And clima started to work at full power :) (there were abot -3 celsius outsiede... inside, after drive to audi service ... about -15... :D ).
After one hour at VAS - I've heard that "compound was registered, but there occured some problems with other things.... e.g: heated front seats which I have not and others....".
After paying hundred bucks for this I decided to put the old one AC panel... :)
My next decison is: find the clima+ panel without front seats heating and buy some vag stuff. And try again later by myself:)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
How is it going for you? Have you retrofitted this yet?

This week i get my new klimaplus panel, then i will do a serious test. I write here about the result i get. But i dont give up before it works! ;-)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have now retrofitted my klima comfort to klima PLUS!
The only thing was that the system goes into component protection, after fixing that the klima works great....
I have three faults in memory, two electricengine (i dont know the word in english...) and one sensor. I will look what the sensor cost and then put that in. And then I check in ELSA how difficult it is to put the electricengines (airvalve?) in, and if it not so much job i do that later.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Thanks for letting us know, I have just got a klima plus panel and will be installing it this weekend along with my new seats with heating. Good to know that it is going to work.

·
Registered
102 Posts
So nice to se another usefull retrofit -> maybe you could attach some pictures if you took them while working??

·
Registered
112 Posts
I got the component protection sorted today and now it's working. It's a big improvement aesthetically over the standard panel and I like how it interacts with the MMI display.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts