Audi Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to order a DAB unit for my UK spec 3.0Tdi Sline Q7, but have the following questions for anyone who has any expereince of this.

1. I don't have the double glazing. Will I get away with using the analogue antennae system, or will I need to add an aftermarket antennae?
2. If I have to add an antennae, anyone recommend one? Where can I find Fakra connectors?
3. Does the Audi DAB module display DBA text etc?

Thanks for any info

·
Registered
27 Posts
MarkH said:
I'm about to order a DAB unit for my UK spec 3.0Tdi Sline Q7, but have the following questions for anyone who has any expereince of this.

1. I don't have the double glazing. Will I get away with using the analogue antennae system, or will I need to add an aftermarket antennae?
2. If I have to add an antennae, anyone recommend one? Where can I find Fakra connectors?

Thanks for any info
You got any answers to these questions yet Mark ?

This is something I'd be interested in too

Si

·
Registered
3,759 Posts

Change one of the modules for a DAB one.

See above, easily bought for about £50 and a cable is easy enough to get from Kufatec.

No

MarkH said:

Thanks for any info

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What is the functionality of the DAB tuner like..

So, it doesn't give any text, does it display and operate exactly as the analogue tuner (no added benefits apart from perhaps sound quality)?

When you say "change one of the modules for a DAB one", are you talking about the Antenna modules? I was expecting to find R113 already fitted behind the LH C-Pillar cover.

What I thought I'd be doing

Plug in DAB tuner module (R147)
Connect antenna, either into existing R113, or add aftermarket antenna and connect via SMB - Fakra cable

Kufatec list the scope of delivery as including antenna module. I can't understand which part they are refering to.

Any help gratefully received, as always

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Yes R113 will be fitted where you think it is, but it will not have a DAB (black) FAKRA

You will need to replace R113 with a DAB version, hence why Kufatec include it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts