Audi Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Have many people gone down the route of chopping off the iso connectors from the cars loom and putting a quadlock connector straight onto the loom? This enabling you to ditch the PnP adapter?

It seems a pretty straight forward job, or are there any hidden complications?

Terry

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dave,

I have already got one of those pre built adapters, just thinking of future and how it would reduce the risk of any faults, and also I just like doing things properly. Not to mention the fact that im bored and need something to do!!

Think it will be an easy job too.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Well OK, I know connectors are always the weakest link, but you would surely void any warranty you have.

I bought a kit and a loose quadlock from Kufatec plus loads of extra pins so that I could test it all on my workbench before I starting ripping my one din centre console appart.

I agree it would look better, but not until my warranty has expired !

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
I did it on 2 RS6's because of the limited space with the adaptors etc. It took about 3 hours to repin every wire into the QUADlock with CD changer, phone & BOSE.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Craig,

Was it a pretty easy job? Did you solder the new pins or just use pliers?

Terry

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Every wire was crimped and soldered.

terrymcg said:
Craig,

Was it a pretty easy job? Did you solder the new pins or just use pliers?

Terry

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cheers Dave,

If you dont mind, or do halfords sell them? Will they crimp the pins you get from Kufatec ok, all sizes?

Terry

·
Registered
479 Posts
http://www.kustompcs.co.uk/acatalog/info_1993.html

It's possible Halfords do them, they do the ISO connectors, but I never looked.

It does the two bigger sizes perfectly, but the small one is so fidderly it's a challenge even with an expensive tool.

Really depends on how steady your hands are.

N.B. - The site now shows a picture of a tool with only two sizes but mine has got three, not sure if they have changed it at all ?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Shawnie,

Stick it in the for sale section then!!

Terry

1 - 13 of 13 Posts