Audi Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to remove my Symphony 11 from by B7 so I can install bluetooth. I have purchased 4 removal keys but are having no luck. I have inserted all 4 until they click, and then tried everthing to slide out the unit. I have put my fingures into the tape slot and pulled very hard, but clearly the keys are not unlocking. If I pull the keys 3 of them will pull out and one won't. Does anybody have any suggestions. Could it be the keys are poor quality? If so who should I buy my next set off?
thanks in advance.
Mark

·
Registered
530 Posts
I've got a set of genuine Audi keys that could be used to pull the Symphony Mark.

I can bring them in to the city tomorrow if that suits you..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alister,
I would appreciate that. I can meet you at a time that suits, I assume it will only take a couple of minutes!

Thank you Mark.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
In extreme cases the tabs are not released by the removal keys.

The first thing to try is angling (sideways) the key on the tab that won't release to apply more pressure to the locking tab.

You could try pushing on the face of the Symphony II to release the tension on the tab that won't unlock and then try again to pull it out.

If that fails then the only thing to do is to remove the glovebox (easy enough job) and get your hands round to the locking tabs to release them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.