Audi Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://forums.fourtitude.com/zerothread?id=2225482

Refering to the above link, which is apparently done to an A3 with a red DIS, I am wondering what can be done to a red DIS fitted on an A4. Right now I have a red DIS what has no functionality, and thus my wiper stalk has no buttons on the side. Can we, by using VAG-COM, get the full trip computer (provided we also buy a new wiper stalk)?

If so, how can it be done? Same as the A3?

Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,767 Posts
If you can code the 2nd/3rd digit in #17, channel 19 to 1 then you should get DIS functionality and only need to add the wiper stalk.

STG 17 Channel 19

x?xxx: Bordcomputer
0 - only level 2
1 - level 1 and 2

xx?xx: Driver Information System
0 - DIS (9Q2 or 9Q4)
1 - no DIS(9Q3)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So really, my red DIS is currently only limited through software? :D If so, that is good news!

AudiA4B6US said:
If you can code the 2nd/3rd digit in #17, channel 19 to 1 then you should get DIS functionality and only need to add the wiper stalk.
And we are to code either the 2nd or 3rd? Or is it both? There should be no reason we won't be able to do so right? I'll have to find out when I get access to a VAG-COM.

I'm assuming that after doing that, and before I get a wiper stalk, the red DIS will still work just fine, but I'm just not able to play around with it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,767 Posts
The DIS has two levels, level one resets after shutting down the car for 2h, level 2 stores all values until it get reset. If you can code the 3rd digit to 1 chances are good that you can retrofit the DIS. If you code the second digit to 1 you get both levels. Once you did the coding you may get a windshield water level warning. You can get rid by grounding one pin in your cluster. I think the default is distance to emtpy, temperatur and the radio station. Never done this mod myself but that's what I get from the other boards.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
85 Posts
AudiA4B6US said:
The DIS has two levels, level one resets after shutting down the car for 2h, level 2 stores all values until it get reset. If you can code the 3rd digit to 1 chances are good that you can retrofit the DIS. If you code the second digit to 1 you get both levels. Once you did the coding you may get a windshield water level warning. You can get rid by grounding one pin in your cluster. I think the default is distance to emtpy, temperatur and the radio station. Never done this mod myself but that's what I get from the other boards.
hi AudiA4B6US, have you any idea where I can find out what pin I need to ground?

thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,767 Posts
My wiring diagram for a 2004 B6 A4 shows T32/1 (blue 32pin connector) as being the one for the washer fluid sensor. It's a switch (F77) to ground.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
85 Posts
AudiA4B6US said:
My wiring diagram for a 2004 B6 A4 shows T32/1 (blue 32pin connector) as being the one for the washer fluid sensor. It's a switch (F77) to ground.


Thanks for your help, any chance of a picture so I can determine the correct pin on the blue connector?

Thanks

Scott
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,767 Posts
There are tiny little numbers on the inner piece, a 1, a 16, a 17 and a 32, each at the end IIRC. Sorry, no picture.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
85 Posts
AudiA4B6US said:
There are tiny little numbers on the inner piece, a 1, a 16, a 17 and a 32, each at the end IIRC. Sorry, no picture.
Sorry for being a pain, its just so I understand it right. Do I ground pins 32 or pin 1?

Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,767 Posts
T32/1 means connector T32 pin 1. So all you do is ground pin 1 in the blue 32 pin connector.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
85 Posts
AudiA4B6US said:
T32/1 means connector T32 pin 1. So all you do is ground pin 1 in the blue 32 pin connector.
Hi there

I grounded pin 1 but it makes no difference. To clarify I have my red dis tacho back in and not my colour one.

Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,767 Posts
No idea why, Bentley says F77 is the sensor and it grounds T32/1...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,767 Posts
spassmore said:
Strange, just double checked it and the same thing.... out of interest what is Bentley?

Thanks
In the US, Bentley publishes the service manuals for Audi and a couple other European manufacturers.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top