Audi Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have recently added an RNS-E unit to my A3. I have the Bose Sound System. I take it that the unit I bought was not from a Bose car as it still has Gala settings enabled in the menu, and as I understand you should not be using Gala if you have Bose. So:

1. Will my car need any other recoding done to make the Bose work properly or is it just the AudioPilot that needs enabled.

2. I know nothing about Vagcom or what cables to buy, so could someone give me a quick idiots guide in what cable I need and software to download.

3. Is there anyone near West Lothian, Scotland that knows what they are doing and has the stuff that may be able to help me out.

Cheers,

Terry

·
Registered
59 Posts
-> Channel 008 (GALA)
000 - GALA off
001 - Charakteristics 1
002 - Charakteristics 2
003 - Charakteristics 3
004 - Charakteristics 4
005 - Charakteristics 5
255 - GALA via microphone (Bose AudioPilot ?)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Richard,

Thanks for the pointer, but I really have no clue what I am doing with Vagcom, any pointers where to learn?

Terry

·
Registered
12 Posts
Terry, i have recently replaced my RNS-E in my A3 and the new one had an additional menu with the GALA control. Yes, i know it is not supposed to have it but it is there. I also have the BOSE with Audiopilot. As far as i understand the Audiopilot must be hard wired and programmed using VAG. I want to disable mine as i have added an additional system on top of the BOSE one and the Audiopilot is a pain in the arse.

·
Registered
41 Posts
This is all that I can contribute:

You get your VAGCOM cable at www.ross-tech.com. The "Micro CAN" cable will suffice for your vehicle, but there are others that will work as well (they cost more, too.) If you look around enough on here you will find everything you need to know about your issue(s).

Good luck :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts