Audi Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Just wondering if you have to recode a factory fit bluetooth module after you have retrofitted RNS-E? Also how do you get the phone book up on the rns-e, its working in my DIS.

Terry

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
In most cases yes, but it would help if you would let us know what car and model year you have.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry,

Its an A4 Saloon B7 platform, I seen a few options in Vagcom to recode the module, it is set at RNS-E basic but there is an option for RNS-E high.

It seems to be working OK just wondered if it needs changing.

Terry

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
To get the phone book on your RNS-E you need:

1) the RNS-E coded to have the phone enabled.

2) the Bluetooth module to be coded 10xxx to enable the full connectivity to the RNS-E.

3) a compatible phone.

You can't change your RNS-E from Basic to High by coding.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dave,

Mine was coded to 0001622 and I tried to change it to 0011622, is that what you mean? As doing this made no difference, it will still not display the bluetooth logo or phonebook.

Is this purley down to the phones I have, a Nokia 6230 and a Samsung D900

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
What module do you have?

You can only code a C, F, H or M to xx1xxxx

Also you need to code the RNS-E xxx7xx if you have one of the above modules

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Craig,

I have a H module. Is this a non comfort module? What does that mean I can/can't fully use it with rns-e.

Terry

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
code the RNS-E to xxxx7xx and the phone interface to xx1xxxx, then reboot the RNS-E by holding down RADIO+SETUP until it reboots.

·
Registered
479 Posts
terrymcg said:
Hi,

Just wondering if you have to recode a factory fit bluetooth module after you have retrofitted RNS-E? Also how do you get the phone book up on the rns-e, its working in my DIS.

Terry
Try this Excel spreadsheet of the most popular modules and what to code them to, it took me hours to produce, so it would be nice to see it put to some more use.

http://www.daveg6hni.f9.co.uk/downloads/AUDI_CODES_via_VGA-COM.xls

Dave.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts