Audi Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had one of those rear entertainment systems from an A6 sitting in a box in my shed and decided to install the screen in the roof for my passengers and make use of the 750GB media player etc.

The screen was from a grey interior car, so it matched the grey of the W12 pretty much perfectly.

I had to remove the pillar trims and drop half the roof liner to fit it in, and it scared me to death when cutting the roof, let alone marking it out, as a new roof means a new back window (ouch).

Ran the power to the front fuse box and I'm in the process of running the signal wires and headphone senders etc to the boot for the sony head control unit.

The plan is to be able to watch whatever the car TV is watching or just select the media player.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Nice work Craig!

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There is a plate about 5" square above the unit, but that is bolted to a cross member that goes across the roof from side to side so you dont pull the roof lining down when dropping the screen down.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As I said the worrying part is dropping and cutting the roof, this kit was for an A6, but the roof bar fitted the A8 ok.

If you mess this up then it's a new roof liner time and that means a new rear window for me, on an A3 I guess you can slide the liner out of the rear hatch.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, but you do get a DVD player with it and the headphones. Seems to be the same one that all Audi dealers are selling in the UK. My local dealer has them in stock, not sure what price though.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Where did you get the 750gb media player?

Sounds interesting!

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
todd1010 said:
Where did you get the 750gb media player?

Sounds interesting!
The unit is called the Rapsody RSH-100 (without the h) and is available from many web sites. With car kit it costs around £150, then the cost of a disk.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts