Audi Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I get the radio station to show in the DIS of my Allroad but no the RDS info? What is puzzling is the RDS (Song and Singer) show on the RNS-E HU. Am I missing something?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Original HU showed both in DIS

My Symphony I installed showed both station and RDS in the DIS as well as the HU. So I thought the RNS-E would be an upgrade and still have feature, may have something to do with it being a Euro model running US firmware???

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
The Euro software shows (some) RDS data in the DIS, the US software does not. There is nothing you can do about this except ask AoA why they think US customers do not want this feature.

·
Registered
49 Posts
haven't installed my RNS-E yet, but I'll check my stock radio tomorrow and see if it displays the RDS data. I think it does, but not 100% sure. And if it does, then it makes no sense that they would exclude it from the RNS-E U.S. software.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
There are a lot things that don't make sense and yet they are still there - and that's only talking about AoA.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Nixon said:
RDS does show up in th DIS with the Symphony II. Intresting it doesnt with RNSE.
AoA think in "interesting" ways!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts