Audi Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a utility that will quickly generate a random, no repeats playlist of all files on a SD card, with subfolders included..

The question is: Can random playlists be used as a work-around for the problem where RNS-E drops out of mixed play mode when the NEXT is pressed? Will it skip to the next file in the playlist, or will it just jump to the next MP3 file on the CD or SD?

The utility is "Random Playlist Creator with Genres 1.0.0.3" and can be found here: http://www.download.com/Random-Playlist-Creator-with-Genres/3000-2141_4-10429654.html?tag=pdp_prod

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Waggin said:
The question is: Can random playlists be used as a work-around for the problem where RNS-E drops out of mixed play mode when the NEXT is pressed? Will it skip to the next file in the playlist, or will it just jump to the next MP3 file on the CD or SD?
I use playlists all the time and when pressing the NEXT button in RANDOM mode my RNS-E goes to the next item in the playlist, not the next MP3 file.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
PetrolDave said:
Waggin said:
I use playlists all the time and when pressing the NEXT button in RANDOM mode my RNS-E goes to the next item in the playlist, not the next MP3 file.
Thanks. I guess that's the solution for random play then.. Just generate one or more big randomized playlists, and forget about using Mixed mode.
Ideally, I'd like to get / write a program that, when the SD card drive icon or folder is dragged and dropped on top of it, you get prompted for the number of random play sets to be in the list, and then it creates the new playlist for the contents on the card / folder, and then writes it to that location..

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts