Audi Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had a problem with the Radio reception, or should a say lack there of after installing an RNS-E Nav system. Everything else appears to be working great. Nav is working fine. I put in a Euro spec RNS-E unit into my US spec B6 A4..got the adapters from KUFATEC which included the double adapter for the Radio antenna..this is the one I installed:

http://shop.kufatec.de/product_info.php/products_id/200?osCsid=48ac808ab8ebc8e2b8af792f2f259c54

All I get is static, basically like no antenna. Should I have ordered a different antenna adpater, maybe only the single. Everything seemed to fit right after adapter I received from Kufatec only had one pigtail on it. I put the two pigtails into the special single Fakra piece that accepts two pigtails and it all fit properly. I have not yet VAGed the car yet so the dash display is not up, however it does show the radio frequency. Do I need to VAG it to make the radio work.? Any suggestions? Thanks!

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
The adapter is the correct one if you had the Symphony II HU and I suppose you did connect the ISO end of this adapter to your HF antenna, did you? And you are talking about FM reception, because AM will in most cases be bad because you won't be able to set the correct frequency.

It should definitely work without changing any VAG-COM settings and I doubt that there would be any error logged, other than those you got while swapping the units. The easiest way to check what's going on would be to plug in your Symphony II HU and see if you have any reception.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Make sure you push the diversity antenna adapter in firmly. I got one for Ralf Deventor and it does not connect very well at all with the RNS-E. I cannot recommend his diversity antenna adapter. It did work after I pushed it in very firmly. I got another diversity adapter from Kufatec and that works perfectly and fits with a firm click. Initially I got no signal and no FM or AM stations to choose from and the Vagcom said the diversity antenna was not connected.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ahh got it working guys...thanks, as it was a bit of a loose connection in the back, just had to press it in a bit more firmly. Thanks again for the input...system is working great! :D

·
Registered
530 Posts
I've just encountered the same issue.

My antenna adaptor only has one end to plug into the back of the RNS-E - hopefully this is not the problem..

Radio reception was perfect with my old Chorus unit.. :?

·
Registered
209 Posts
I had pretty bad reception with the Symphony II and even worse w/ the RNS-E...never really been able to figure it out. I just listed to songs off the SD card, never to the radio.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts