Audi Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, first off all, great forum!!!!

I'm about to install a navi for my car. The car is a 2004 TQ A4 B6 E8 and has a european standard 1 din audi concert cd player (bose). What I do know is that I need a ned climate control (anyone got one for sale) to be placed lower, and I need the frame wich is cheap from Audi for mounting the new placement of the climate control and the navi unit. Have anyone done this is or know of a guide with full equipemnt spec attached?? Please respond! (From Norway)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,350 Posts
If you search more you will see that many people have posted details here of how they changed from a single DIN radio to a double DIN to fit an RNS-E into their B6/B7 A4.

Many have trimmed the climate control instead of buying a new one (cost and there are many, many different versions of the climate control).

Try looking at NSX Jr's site, there is almost certainly a guide there to doing what you need.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
PetrolDave said:
If you search more you will see that many people have posted details here of how they changed from a single DIN radio to a double DIN to fit an RNS-E into their B6/B7 A4.

Many have trimmed the climate control instead of buying a new one (cost and there are many, many different versions of the climate control).

Try looking at NSX Jr's site, there is almost certainly a guide there to doing what you need.
Omg, thanks alot mate. That was a complete guide!!! Thank you!!! Will ask and search if morw answers needed!!

(impressed) :oops:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, overeagerly aroused :p

The guide is good, but does not contain enough information about modifying the climate control. And after a search of this fora I found not that much more. Anyone having a picture or a guide on how to shave the climate control??

And from NSX Jr, if I buy the adapter connector, then it's just plug and play not having to connect the gaula etc like in the guide? Bose?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,350 Posts
remye said:
The guide is good, but does not contain enough information about modifying the climate control. And after a search of this fora I found not that much more. Anyone having a picture or a guide on how to shave the climate control??
The advice I've seen here is to make a template and then shave off equally from either side in small careful steps (I cheated and ordered a car with a Symphony II so I didn't have to do the single-to-double conversion!

remye said:
And from NSX Jr, if I buy the adapter connector, then it's just plug and play not having to connect the GALA etc like in the guide? Bose?
In the B6/B7 A4 GALA is carried over the CAN bus so no extra wires are needed.

When you order the plug'n'play adapter you have to specify that you have Bose, whether you have or want phone support and whether you have or want CD changer/iPod/PhatBox/Sirius (or XM) support (I'd say yes to both for future proofing!). These options specify which wires and connectors are needed in the adapter. You also need to make sure you get an antenna adapter (the RNS-E uses different antenna connector), and a GPS antenna.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
PetrolDave said:
remye said:
The guide is good, but does not contain enough information about modifying the climate control. And after a search of this fora I found not that much more. Anyone having a picture or a guide on how to shave the climate control??
The advice I've seen here is to make a template and then shave off equally from either side in small careful steps (I cheated and ordered a car with a Symphony II so I didn't have to do the single-to-double conversion!

remye said:
And from NSX Jr, if I buy the adapter connector, then it's just plug and play not having to connect the GALA etc like in the guide? Bose?
In the B6/B7 A4 GALA is carried over the CAN bus so no extra wires are needed.

When you order the plug'n'play adapter you have to specify that you have Bose, whether you have or want phone support and whether you have or want CD changer/iPod/PhatBox/Sirius (or XM) support (I'd say yes to both for future proofing!). These options specify which wires and connectors are needed in the adapter. You also need to make sure you get an antenna adapter (the RNS-E uses different antenna connector), and a GPS antenna.
Ok, thank you dave. But the antenna plug, thats for RADIO signals, right??

And whilst you are online, what are the differense between model D end E?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,350 Posts
remye said:
Ok, thank you dave. But the antenna plug, thats for RADIO signals, right??
Yes. The RNS-E is a combined radio/SD player plus sat nav.

remye said:
And whilst you are online, what are the differense between model D end E?
Big!!!

The RNS-D is CD based (so 1 CD map per country/region in Europe, per region in the US), has a manually moved LCD screen, doesn't have SD card slots, doesn't have a built in TMC tuner, is obsolete, etc.

The RNS-E is DVD based (so 1 DVD for Western Europe, 1 for Eastern/Central Europe, 1 for US/Canada), has a motorised LCD screen, has 2 SD card slots, has a built-in TMC tuner, can be fully intergarted with an Audi Bluetooth phone kit, etc.

Go RNS-E!!!
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top