Audi Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I just had a few quick questions.

I'm pretty sure my my RNS-E is running euro software, and I would like to upgrade to us software; I'm getting a 2007 US disc soon; my question is, will it automatically update to the new software when I put in the dvd? I thought it was more complex then that. And I also have a VAG tool.

Here are the screenshots of my software.

·
Registered
85 Posts
You're in a mixed Euro/US mode, indicated by the SW version "X--". You will need the VAG to change channel 97 from "0" to "1" in the "radio" section in order to force the RNS-E to take the update CD you will need to create. I can send you the files necessary if you wish. PM me with your email add...

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Your RNS-E is already running in US mode since the HU /Navi sw version starts with V222. The update may have been done with a higher sofidx which will prevent the next update from being automatic. But if you change #37 channel 97 to 1 before you insert the 2007 DVD I'm sure your RNS-E will do the update and show a version of 0150 instead of X---. No update CD should be requried in your case.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh hmmm, I thought it was running euro software because when i go to type something, I have the normal US alphabit and the extra german chars "ü" ect listed... and I cannot enter N S E W street addresses.... I think i may have a modified US map disc? running on EU software?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
I have the German umlauts as well running US 0150. It might be that you map has been modified as well as the software, but the NAVVER on your RNS-E is V222 which says it the US software (what code might be hiding behind that version number doesn't really matter). So the next V222 software update (e.g. the one from the 2007 US DVD) will be accepted as update from the same region, even though you may need to use VAG-COM to get the update started.

·
Registered
3 Posts
moving to germany with flashed system

hello everybody,
i moved with my audi to the US and had software 450 with Nav Version 220066 D installed. a friend helped me to modify it to a US system system software now 110, database nn0409, navi version 222023F so i gues i have a full up us system. Now i moved back to germany...and now there is the problem vice versa and audi germany is not to helpfull...surprise. so what can i do to go back ? if i read the forum correctly i have to take the 5 files 00.vns, the mod file, index.txt ,ldm.bin and loading .kwi of the german cd and go the way back ? is this correct so i change the loading.kwi from V220 to V222 but can leave the 066D ?? and index .txt the same so change it to 222066D ?? is this correct . u see i am a little lost...thanks for help

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Re: moving to germany with flashed system

jettaking2 said:
hello everybody,
i moved with my audi to the US and had software 450 with Nav Version 220066 D installed. a friend helped me to modify it to a US system system software now 110, database nn0409, navi version 222023F so i gues i have a full up us system. Now i moved back to germany...and now there is the problem vice versa and audi germany is not to helpfull...surprise. so what can i do to go back ? if i read the forum correctly i have to take the 5 files 00.vns, the mod file, index.txt ,ldm.bin and loading .kwi of the german cd and go the way back ? is this correct so i change the loading.kwi from V220 to V222 but can leave the 066D ?? and index .txt the same so change it to 222066D ?? is this correct . u see i am a little lost...thanks for help
That is correct. Take the files form a European DVD, change the V220 to V222 and the SOFIDX from 0110 to 0120 and your RNS-E should load the Euro software.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
You dont get to put in cardinal directions on streets until the end of the selection. For instance, to insert "209 W Stone Ave", you would follow these steps.

-Input City
-input Street, Stone Ave
-input number, 209
-RNS-E will give you a choice between 209 W. Stone Ave or 209 E. Stone Ave at the end. Choose the right one and go. If there is no choice (like if 209 E. Stone Ave does not exist) then it will not give you a choice and will automatically insert 209 W. Stone Ave for you.

Even if there is no other "side" of the road at all...like if there is a road called S. Elm but there is no N. Elm, then you still just enter "ELM" in the street name and it will choose the "south" portion automatically for you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
hello again from germany

folks i am lost a little. i burned my cd but it doesn't work as predicted :( ok, i had my german dvd and took the 5 files mentioned before and modified them to read SOFIDX:0120 NAVVER:V222066D AUDVER:A2210134 and the loading .kwi

i use my vag com and set as descibed ch 97 to 1 and put the cd in. i said checking and thenupdating software...it was only like an inch updtte i saw the the system went ogg and rebooted sayin initialising nav system...the same happened a few times. i stooped ones and looked at the sw version it said sw 110 so nothing changed. when i inserted my german dvd it said pleas insert nav dvd...right now it even says that to the us one so i can not read the engeneering mode....any suggestion...i mean at least it updated something :D
i only changed in loading.kwi 2 times the 220 to 222 and i didnt touch the 066d wich is the german version...should i try 023g to encrease the us number ?? thanks to all here...

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
How did you create the CD? Use CD-R, not RW, burn a slow speed and make sure you close the session. Windows XP usually doesn't close the session. Before you insert the CD, exit VAG-COM.

·
Registered
3 Posts
hello again from germany

still having problems to convert the rns-e back to german standard. it still schows nav version 110, when i put the new burned cd in ( i burned a few already) it idicates software update 120 because i changed index and loading to that. but the system still starts updating and stops after and inch on the display...and that starts over and over again.the question is..everybody changes the loading from 222 on the us dvd to 220 to force the update. my version in the log are the same navi version 222023 f and boot version V220100D and audio the same a2220132...i cant listen to german channels on radio because of the fm channels :-( so could it be that my german dvd is broken that i don't have correct files...or missing stuff.when i try 120 and version to 220 it doesnt work. i guess its between my ears that i do something wrong. by the way when i use the vag com nad change ch 97 to 1 and the short update starts it goes back to 0 agterwards..so something is happening....i am getting nuts...

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Can you email me the files that you put on the update CD? I can then check if they are supposed to work and if not we can wotk on getting that fixed first.

·
Registered
1 Posts
cberdy said:
You're in a mixed Euro/US mode, indicated by the SW version "X--". You will need the VAG to change channel 97 from "0" to "1" in the "radio" section in order to force the RNS-E to take the update CD you will need to create. I can send you the files necessary if you wish. PM me with your email add...
i need help too my nav has the same x-- thingy on it please help i sent you a pm
thanks

1 - 16 of 16 Posts