Audi Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greets,

I have the Audi navigation DVD that I am working on for an RNS-E here in the US. I have modified all the files, and have burned off single layer disc that has only one geographies info (so it fits on one disc), and it works great - it shows the nav version, registers as a Nav DVD, and it work when you get into the Nav screens / search by address, etc... BUT, I have looked around, and it is hard to find many softwares that will support burning to dual layer. So, I downloaded Nero - as it advertises full dual layer burning support (My burners are all Dual layer) and was wondering - what is going wrong?!? DL media is expensive coasters, but If I can burn off a single layer using the SAME files (layout, etc.... - just less in the .idx folder) why would it work 100%, then not with the DL. Any suggestions on media that the unit does not like? This is Verbatim DVD+R DL Media. Please share your thoughts on software / DVD ideas. BTW - I can see the disc in my PC and all the files are on it, so it is not a session, or fluke problem - and yes I used the same "name" for the disc so that can not be a culprit

Thanks for the insights and please - suggest anything - different burning software, etc.... It is just really weird that all my PC's will read it and the RNS says "Unknown Files".

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Alcohol 120 works for me, I have working Euro 2005 DVD's for backup purposes running in my car.

Craig

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

What version are you using? I did not see where they supported Dual Layer - have you had any problems?

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
I think its the latest version, and it supports my SOny 710A burner DUAL layer.

I'm running on a copy and 2 of my mates are "testing" it - no problems reported.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Again

Thanks for the reply again. I am using the most current version of Alcohol 120 - and it takes the image no problem, but I am not seeing a feasible way to edit the image to inject the new files - any suggestions there? I have the most current version of WinISO, and it gives and error and says it is closing whenever I try to open the image. Did you flip any special options or anything?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Again

Thanks for the reply again. I am using the most current version of Alcohol 120 - and it takes the image no problem, but I am not seeing a feasible way to edit the image to inject the new files - any suggestions there? I have the most current version of WinISO, and it gives and error and says it is closing whenever I try to open the image. Did you flip any special options or anything?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts