Audi Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of getting a nav + unit for my b5 S4 out here in florida and am confused on exactly which version and how to do all of this. I have searched and done some reading but cant seem to get a definite answer.

The nav + unit i am looking at is part number 4B0 035 192 E

basically on a 2000, is this the right one to install. Is it a plug and play install, i will currently only be wanting the nav and my stock trunk mounted cd changer. Basically am i on the right track and what other hardware do i need for the install.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
The 4B0 will not be an exact match because it's form an A6 (faceplate modifications would be required). You are looking for an 8D0 unit and you would also need a TMC interface if you plan to have the DIS show any information.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
AudiA4B6US said:
The 4B0 will not be an exact match because it's form an A6 (faceplate modifications would be required). You are looking for an 8D0 unit and you would also need a TMC interface if you plan to have the DIS show any information.

yeah as of now the TMC interface is not a priority....what kind of faceplate modifications are needed, anything a little dremmel cant take care of?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Check out the topics about retrofitting the RNS-E into a B5, it's pretty much the same. There are 3-5mm you have to take off from the bottom of the faceplate to fit ove the A/C controller.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
AudiA4B6US said:
Check out the topics about retrofitting the RNS-E into a B5, it's pretty much the same. There are 3-5mm you have to take off from the bottom of the faceplate to fit ove the A/C controller.

ok i was told that the 4b wouldnt fit at all but your saying basically it should with a little bit shaved off the bottom right? Will the sides line up ok on the 4b unit in the s4?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
There will be a small gap, probably about 3mm at the top, a little less at the bottom on each side. A perfect fit will only be a 8D unit but the next closest is the 4B.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
AudiA4B6US said:
There will be a small gap, probably about 3mm at the top, a little less at the bottom on each side. A perfect fit will only be a 8D unit but the next closest is the 4B.

Thanks so much for the quick replies!! Also besides the gps antenna, do i need anything else besides the unit for the install (w/o tmc) and the tools to pull the bose symp. on a 2000

1 - 9 of 9 Posts