Audi Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a 2007 3.0 TDI Q7 (European model). Just recently I noticed that on the instrument panel display the lower part which indicates which gear you've selected has all the gears illuminated. Meaning the PRNDS-lights are all displayed as if all the gears have been selected. The lights do not blink but stay on all the time. Usually the lights show up as normal during engine start-up and some seconds after that but then light up and stay light up for the duration that the power is on.

The automatic transmission itself seems to work just fine, all the gears plus the manual shifting seems to work just as it did before. However, the Cruise control lever on the steering wheel is not working anymore.

I did a vag-com cable scan and the following errors showed up:

On address 01 engine:
005785 - Powertrain Data Bus
P1699 - 001 - Missing Message from Steering Wheel Electronics - Intermittent
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 01100001
Fault Priority: 0
Fault Frequency: 58
Reset counter: 255
Mileage: 163544 km
Time Indication: 0
Date: 2013.12.29
Time: 18:05:03

and on address 02 auto trans:
1 Fault Found:
18275 - Powertrain Data Bus
P1867 - 000 - Missing Message from Steering Wheel (J527)
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00100000
Fault Priority: 2
Fault Frequency: 5
Reset counter: 201
Mileage: 36247 km
Time Indication: 0
Date: 2008.04.28
Time: 17:39:29

After resetting all the faults and driving a short while and scanning again I got the same faults...

I took the car to Audi for a quick scan as well but they couldn't tell me anything more and I ended up having to book a time for further inspections. I've been trying to figure this out from the Internet and read somewhere that if the multifunction switch on the steering wheel (which I guess means the cruise-switch) is disconnected then the PRNDS-lights would go on.

It's odd that the 02 trans failure message is from 2008 already, but the 01 engine message is recent.

Any ideas!?

Much appreciated!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Solved it. An aftermarket controller from Kufatec that enables the rear hatch to be opened with the car's remote was acting up and messing with the bus that it is connected to. All we had to do was disconnect the part, recycle power, clear all errors and plugin the part again and everything worked fine.

It was messing with the hatch lights, acc, transmission etc...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Wow, seriously? That's a little concerning.
Do you know how or why it was interfering with the transmission? I would have thought they were completely separate circuits.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts