Audi Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Q7. I had expected the car to arrive with the newer bluetooth tranceiver which has the full SAP profiles. (Meaning it supports full remote sim access).

Kufatec have recently received this tranceiver. I have found that the only hardware change required is to swap the existing phone tranceiver (with the older bluetooth for the new one). The tranceiver is under the right front seat.

I have been unable to find out if an MMI update is required. Does anyone know.

Also does anyone know what the risks are with taking the seat out. I know it's a simple job, but have concerns about the airbags. I know an Audi dealer will attach a device to the seat to keep the airbag safe, but I don't want to use a dealer

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
I would guess that you need to do at least 4 things.

1. Remove the cradle cables from the 54pin connector and also the +12v trigger for the antenna amp.
2. Re-route the antenna lead from the armrest to the module under the seat
3. Bridge the antenna amp, ie remove it and join the two reddish purple antenna wires at the amp.
4. Remove the cradle and replace the trim if required.

That should be it.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Also a mimimum level of 2830 is required for the MMI.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Excellent information. Thanks Craigyb!

Kufatec had indicated that the new tranceiver was a plug compatible swap out with the old one, but I think I can just about manage the reroute.

The MMI version - The first line on my versions screen is
SW:AU-HU 28.3.0 0612. Is this the version you're referrring to?

I think I'll order one and see how I get on. Still a bit worried about the airbags though.

I notice you use a Dension iPod interface. I put the GW500 in my Q, if you have used the same, what FW version are you on?

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
You have 2830 by the looks of it in your MMI, The units are plug compatible, but you will have the remove the wires for the cradle plate as they are not used and are not the same. I have the wiring diags here so I know to remove them. Also remove the wire for the antenna amp and bypass the antenna amp itself, it is not used in the new system.

Also I have firmware 1.0 in my Gateway 500.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Many thanks. I'll let you know how I get on.

I didn't know 1.0 was available. Thanks for that as well....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.