Audi Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is specific to early C5 and B5 owners with analog phone pre-wiring.

Just click the sig to go get it!

·
Registered
117 Posts
You are the man!

Any change of such a wonderfull guide for installing the bluetooth telephone interface in an 2005 Audi A3 with RNS-E and MFSW? :lol:

db
:wink:

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For the '05 A3, you'll simply need a separate telephone install harness sold by navparts or europarts (or from Proxus with his kits). You'll have to tie in all the wires to the right place... most of which will be available behind your RNS-E headunit. There's some other info available on such an install on this forum, it just take some searching to find it.

In the future I hope to make some install guides for other vehicles, but for now, I write about what I know... which is what I have installed.

Thanks for the props! :)

·
Registered
517 Posts
Thanks Lee,

That is a fantastic guide. I can't wait to install BT in my car, and I had been wondering about how the telephone pre-wiring would help (or hurt). Now I know :D

Of course, I have to get my CAN project completed, before I have time for this :(

Bjarne

·
Registered
117 Posts
What exactly do you guys mean with HARNESS and CAN? :?

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
HARNESS is the name for a group of wires that follow the same physical route.

CAN is a special way of sending information between many pieces of equipment with just 2 wires (CAN HI and CAN LO).

·
Registered
117 Posts
PetrolDave said:
HARNESS is the name for a group of wires that follow the same physical route.

CAN is a special way of sending information between many pieces of equipment with just 2 wires (CAN HI and CAN LO).
Thanks for the clarification!

:wink:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts