Audi Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to let everyone know that I just paired the new "Q" smartphone from Verizon and Motorola. It downloaded all contacts and call lists to the BT Module. Not sure if they will cripple this phone in the future the way they did with the RAZR, so if you want one, better hurry!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Are the icons for contacts with multiple phone numbers the same or different for each number. On the V3i all phone numbers show up with a general icon not office, home, cell.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Is it running Windows Mobile 5 and do you get the provider at the top and the signal strength at the bottom? My Qtek 9100 work fine and allwos access to contacts, recent calls and so on but it doesn't show the provider or the signal strength.

·
Registered
114 Posts
AudiA4B6US said:
Is it running Windows Mobile 5 and do you get the provider at the top and the signal strength at the bottom? My Qtek 9100 work fine and allwos access to contacts, recent calls and so on but it doesn't show the provider or the signal strength.
Yea, forgot about he Windows Mobile thing. Tempting.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It does not show the provider, but it does show the signal strength. It is running windows mobile 5.

IMHO I am glad it does not show the provider... they already have their name all over the outside of my phone, I don't want it on my nav screen too!!

Nick, I don't remember the icons. I'll test it out later.

·
Registered
63 Posts
NSX JR said:
...Not sure if they will cripple this phone in the future the way they did with the RAZR...
Pardon my ignorance on this...but what did they do to the Razr? Is this a Motorola thing...or a Verizon thing? I had a Razr on Cingular right when they came out and I am considering a new V3i...so I'm very curious.

·
Registered
13 Posts
NSX JR said:
Verizon disabled the OBEX of their RAZR a few months after it's release.
Which Cingular doesn't do, so you wouldn't have any problems with a Cingular GSM RAZR.

How do you like the Q so far?

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The "Q" does not show different icons, they all have the "old telephone" icon.

It does, however, show the call lists in the correct order with the newest calls top on the list, unlike the RAZR which loads up the call lists upside down.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Forgot to mention this before, but the Q also sends your custom ringtone though the bluetooth system instead of a generic "ring". Pretty neat.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not sure really...

OS version 5.1.70 build 14523.1.3.0

SW version:
Q2-BP_c_04.08.04P
MP_BSP_C_01.07.05-08P_HW_P2.1.

I don't see a bluetooth version anywhere.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts