Audi Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so looking at my previous thread many of the questions I had have been answered!!

I have decided to go to Craig and get the VIM Coding unlocked in my RNS-E, have a Slim PS2 and getting hold of a DVB-T Receiver (Cheap from Flebay - Not Audi Original).

Considering VIM will be active on my RNS-E, what Multimedia Adator would be best for me? I would need two inputs (one for the PS2 and one for DVB-T).

How does the selecting work, ie. Does the RNS-E allow you to pick which input you want (PS2 or DVB-T)?

I have done a search and can't seem to get much info on this topic.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi,

I used the Dietz 1491 DVB-T/IMU combo. On this, the Aux in goes into the DVB-T. 2 X Aux-in channels, DVD changer on one, other is spare at the moment. Essentially AV selection is done in the DVB-T unit.

I select which channel to display; DVB-T, Aux 1 or Aux 2 either with DVB-T IR remote, or the RNS-E buttons.

The IMU provides the link between the RNS-E and the DVB-T, and gets video in right format for RNS-E input, and also translates the RNS-E button commands and sends them to the DVB-T (well at least I think that's what it does!).

Don't know if you're DVB-T unit does the same, so this info may not be very useful !

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DavyWavy said:
Hi,

I used the Dietz 1491 DVB-T/IMU combo. On this, the Aux in goes into the DVB-T. 2 X Aux-in channels, DVD changer on one, other is spare at the moment. Essentially AV selection is done in the DVB-T unit.

I select which channel to display; DVB-T, Aux 1 or Aux 2 either with DVB-T IR remote, or the RNS-E buttons.

The IMU provides the link between the RNS-E and the DVB-T, and gets video in right format for RNS-E input, and also translates the RNS-E button commands and sends them to the DVB-T (well at least I think that's what it does!).

Don't know if you're DVB-T unit does the same, so this info may not be very useful !
Yeah, I had a look at the Dietz 1491, but at just over £400 I believe it's a bit too steep...

I only intend to have my car for the next 12 months, when I will be changing it and hopefully will get all the gadgets as Factory fit in the car.

The 1491, no doubt though is a fantastic piece to add!!

Regards

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.