Audi Forum banner
401 - 409 of 409 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Re: Stupid questions

Igi said:
I have B7 2005, EU, RNS-E HW 050, just upgraded to SW 460 (original DVD ...884K), BT 335D, phone functions did not seen on RNS-E unit just Answer/Ignore phone call.
Do I understand correctly that you have a D version of the Bluetooth module?

If so, that is your problem. To get the extra functions you need either a C, F or M version of the Bluetooth module AND you then need to code it with the extended functions bit, i.e. change the coding from 0xxxx to 1xxxx.

·
Registered
279 Posts
It works now

Now i have latest EU BT modul ...335 H and with my Nokia 6230i it works perfectly. Received, missed, dialed calls, complete phone book etc. :D

Correct coding is, of course, important - BT modul 1xxxx (you can not find this on de.openobd.org, it is the shame (just joking :) , de.openobd.org is very helpfull, thanks Sebastian), RNS-E EU xxxx7xx.
And it works with RNS-E EU HW50 too :!: (someone said all functions works only with HW70 and newer)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bluetooth for 2005.5 A4 with NAV

I'm thinking of purchasing a 2005.5 A4 Quattro with Navigation. I would like to integrate bluetooth to my car.
I've gone through some of the posts here, but they seem a little technical...
Can someone please explain what I need to buy, cost, and if I can install this myself or if I should go to a pro... I live in the NYC area.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
keith-i said:
This is something to do with EMF signals from the phone which could possibly affect airbag sensors and set them off accidently. I've never heard of this actually happening, but this is apparently the official Audi/VW reason why a mobile should be connected to an external aerial.
All the new BT preps in A6/A8/Q7 are cradleless because they use SIM access profile

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Re: Bluetooth for 2005.5 A4 with NAV

NYCJM said:
I'm thinking of purchasing a 2005.5 A4 Quattro with Navigation. I would like to integrate bluetooth to my car.
I've gone through some of the posts here, but they seem a little technical...
Can someone please explain what I need to buy, cost, and if I can install this myself or if I should go to a pro... I live in the NYC area.

Thanks.
The easiest and best thing is to buy a Bluetooth upgrade package from one of the US sellers on this forum.

The package would include US version Bluetooth module, Bluetooth antenna, microphone and a wiring harness. This would need fitting and wiring up (to the connections at the back of the sat nav unit), and then check/update the coding using VAG-COM.

On the A4 with the upgrade package the module usually fits behind the glovebox and you don't get an unsightly cradle, with the OE package the module fits under the left hand front seat and you have to have a cradle either on the dash or in the centre armrest.

If you're uncomfortable doing that yourself I'm pretty sure there's someone in the NYC area who could help you.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Bluetooth Disconnect

Having an unusual problem that I have not seen documented yet on this board, any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I have a Euro unit that has been updated to the latest US150 SW per Dirk's instructions. Everything is working great, and I did re-code the Bluetooth unit to the "High" setting, and now the phonebooks, last number called, etc are all working.

The problem I have still has carried over from before the software upgrade, and that is that after about 20-30 minutes of being connected to my phone, the RNS-E kicks off the connection. I hear the chime, and the connection is lost. I don't believe it is a problem with the phone, as I have connected it to other Bluetooth appliances for much longer time periods without any issues.

Any ideas?? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
The problem is your phone 99% guaranteed. My Q used to do that randomly although it worked fine with other devices. Once the firmware was updated, it is behaving much better.

I have installed many BT modules and paired many phones with the car. I can tell you that every problem ever encountered by me or my customers has been the phone's fault.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I am having the issue with my Blackberry 8700. I also have a Motorola V3. I will check and see if I have the same issues with the Motorola.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just to follow up on my earlier post, I did a firmware update of my Blackberry 8700 (just released Dec 6, 2006) and I am having no problems. I have instructed the Blackberry to release only "Hotlist" directory entries, as the RNS-E does not apparently have the capacity to handle all 1400 names in my handheld.

Thanks for all the help guys!!

401 - 409 of 409 Posts