Audi Forum banner
21 - 40 of 409 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
If you guys post the part numbers I will email my dealership in Germany to find out the prices for the (bluetooth) wireless adapter, microphone, or anything else you may need..

As of now I do not have a great source for the units themselves, although remanufactured units will be up for sale soon and should be pretty affordable.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Oh now I remember :)

...ok now what exactly are those other connectors?

Kompensor / Verstarker & Ladeschale

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
PROXUS said:
Oh now I remember :)

...ok now what exactly are those other connectors?

Kompensor / Verstarker & Ladeschale
Ladeschale is the mounting bracket and Kompensor/Verstaerker is some kind of amplifier between your GSM antenna and the interface.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I tought that TEL module is using my Phone antena via bluetooth to receive GSM signal... :-k

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
charging cradle wouldn't be a bad idea but I'm not sure If I want to take my phone out of my pocket (especially in winter).....I'm to lazy :D lol

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
PROXUS said:
I tought that TEL module is using my Phone antena via bluetooth to receive GSM signal... :-k
Audi says they won't approve the usage of a GSM phone without a mounting bracket. The phone has to be in the bracket even though it talks via BT to the interface. Added features of this approach are a better signal (due to the external antenna) and getting the phone charged.

We all know that you don't need the bracket for a BT phone if you are fine with the weaker signal and no charging but that's not what Audi supports and that's why there is always a bracket if the is a phone kit installed.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
350AWHP said:
If you guys post the part numbers I will email my dealership in Germany to find out the prices for the (bluetooth) wireless adapter, microphone, or anything else you may need..

As of now I do not have a great source for the units themselves, although remanufactured units will be up for sale soon and should be pretty affordable.
I doubt that you can get the US spec phone interface in Europe but Proxus got part number 8P0 862 335 B for the US spec 2006+ interface.

·
Registered
17 Posts
This necessarily does not have to mean the the bracket is in plain view, there is probably a workaround for the bracket (possible placing a dummy phone in the cradle somewhere to complete the circuit.

They are very strict in Germany about phone useage while driving, most likely this is a safety feature to prevent you from actually holding the phone while you drive.

·
Registered
17 Posts
AudiA4B6US said:
350AWHP said:

I doubt that you can get the US spec phone interface in Europe but Proxus got part number 8P0 862 335 B for the US spec 2006+ interface.
You would be surprised at how much stuff I can get and how much the markup is at stateside dealerships. I will be getting these interfaces.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I got confirmation that my TEL module will be here about next week.
Basically I have everything else except cable/adapter so I will wait for news from BayrischerS4. :wink:

·
Registered
210 Posts
Ahhh finally back on a working computer.....

A little more info on the harness from Kufatec that I can share is:
1. The phone cradle does not need to be connected for it to work and it can be wired to the center console (arm rest) if so desired.
2. The amplifier also does not have to be connected but it would yield better reception possibilities.

I asked a bunch of questions so if you want more info just let me know.

-Lanny

·
Registered
131 Posts
99 Euro @ Kufatec.

I got one :D. And I try to install it today.

Mütze

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Mütze said:
99 Euro @ Kufatec.

I got one :D. And I try to install it today.

Mütze
Please keep us updated on how it goes.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
OK, I managed to install this into my RS6 last night, seems to work well, no further functionality other than what I had in my original tests and no number in the DIS, when I coded my DIS for telephone, the PHONE message dissappeared, very strange.

Paired it with my mates Siemens phone and we got the signal strength meter and the Vodaphone network.

But I'm just happy to have a working integrated BT kit in my car now.

The car kit will pair with upto 4 phones amd makes a bling sound when you have connected to the kit or disconnected.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
craigyb said:
OK, I managed to install this into my RS6 last night, seems to work well, no further functionality other than what I had in my original tests and no number in the DIS, when I coded my DIS for telephone, the PHONE message dissappeared, very strange.

Paired it with my mates Siemens phone and we got the signal strength meter and the Vodaphone network.

But I'm just happy to have a working integrated BT kit in my car now.

The car kit will pair with upto 4 phones amd makes a bling sound when you have connected to the kit or disconnected.
On Motor-Talk.de they reported that the 5th digit in the RNS-E coding must be a 7 to use the advanced features of the new software and C-interface.

0xxx?xx: Telephone/Telematic
7 - Base plate diagnostic capable with comfort control

After recoding the RNS-E it must be reset (value 1 in channel 111). Did you do that?

·
Registered
131 Posts
I installed the Kufatec harness today. It seems to work, but I am not able to make a Bluetooth connection. I tried to log via VAGCOM (rosstech interface) into the interface (STG 77) but it was not able to make any connection.
I’ve got a Phone adapter (Nokia 6100 Series) but no 6100 Phone. On the adapter is a button for the voice commands, which works perfect. I am able to store Numbers in a phonebook and talk to my car ;).
I think now, that Bluetooth might be disabled. Any ideas why I cant connect with Vagcom?
Do I need the K-wire? Kufatec sad no, but I am not to sure why not.

Thanx

Mütze

21 - 40 of 409 Posts