Audi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got 2007 DVD, inserted in the unit and i got " Please insert the navigation dvd ". This is the info i got from EM.

HW INDEX :H72
MAP DATA BASE INDEX NN0409
HU/NAVI SW VERSION V220057B
BOOT VERSION V220100D
AUDIO SW A2220134-280705

Unit part number 8E0 035 192D.
Any ideas on how to update it?
:( Thanks

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

That was the post i've been looking for all yesterday. Thanks :wink:
Happy New Year everyone

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
How did you create the CD, on what media and with what application and what changes exactly did you make to the original files? Did you follow Boston Driver's step by step process to the point?

·
Registered
172 Posts
I am wondering if he did not do a slow-burn CD-R. The other fault could be the VAG-COM, and making sure once the channel 97 is set to 1 that the VAG COM is disconnected from the car.

Thanks again AudiA4B6US for cracking the "code" on the update for everyone! I am enjoying the updated features, especially the lack of the startup "nag" screen!

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
The other reason for unknown files could be a wrong file system, e.g. when using a Mac. I have now used XP's drag and drop CD Wizard several times and it worked each time.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
AudiA4B6US said:
How did you create the CD, on what media and with what application and what changes exactly did you make to the original files? Did you follow Boston Driver's step by step process to the point?
I copied the files to the DVD drive and made a copy from there with CD-R and CD-RW. both discs don't work. I changed according to Boston Driver in INDEX.TX changed 0150 to 0140 and from V222 to V220 and then in LOADING .KWI changed V22027E to V220057C, i think i did that part right. I originally copy the 0150 from an attachment in an e-mail, when i put that in it started to update, after it updated i put the 2007 disc in and it reads " Please insert the navigation dvd " and it's like that now with every update discs i put in, but the 2006 dvd that came with the RNS-E is fine. I also VAG channel 97 from 0 to 1, after inserted update disc it seems to change back to 0 everytime.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
The 2007 DVD is an original or backup disk? What is the NAVVER now shown in Engineering Mode and the version shown under CAR/Version?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The 2007 disc is a copy. Car version shows
SW: X---
HW: H72
MAP: P1N041224-NN0409

Engineering Mode shows
System SW index: X---
HW index: H72
Map database index: NN409
HU/NAVI SW Version V220057B
Boot version V220100D
Audio SW A2220134-280705
Everything is the same as before.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Ok, what is the contents of INDEX.TXT on your update CD and what are the changes you made to loading.kwi?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This is all the content in the INDEX file SOFIDX:0140 NAVVER:V220057C AUDVER:A2220134
As for changes in LOADING file i used Groovy Hex Editor to change V222 to V220 and 027E to 057C.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Looks fine, except that there should be no space between the versions in index.txt. Check your email for more...

·
Registered
172 Posts
How about what is the original INDEX.TXT file ont he nav DVD (not the file that was e-mailed to you taht you edited, but the orignal file from the DVD). You can open and edit that using notepad on your PC, then copy that edited file onto the CD-R with the other 4 files.

Maybe something in the 2007 DVD has something else in the string that needs updating?

·
Registered
70 Posts
FWIW, the Index.txt string from my 2007 DVD looked different from the example in your walkthrough, BD. Mine did not have any asterisks. I have not been able to get the adaptation set so I can't tell you if it makes a difference.

·
Registered
172 Posts
ktkemp said:
FWIW, the Index.txt string from my 2007 DVD looked different from the example in your walkthrough, BD. Mine did not have any asterisks. I have not been able to get the adaptation set so I can't tell you if it makes a difference.
Mine did not have asterisks, I used those for symbols that Notepad did not recognize (I actually used Notepad because I had not yet downloaded the Groovy Hex Editor yet). They just showed up as blocks.

Have you resolved the K-line issue yet?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Mine didn't have any symbols not recognized by Notepad that I could see, the numbers just ran right into the next key name. e.g. ...1223NAVVER...

I opened it in Groovy as well and didn't see anything else there either.

Also, I just noticed in your walkthrough post (which is awesome, BTW) you bolded the V222 part of the second version number, but you have changed the entire number (to end in 57C instead of 27E).

I have not done anything to my car and probably won't till this weekend since I have to pull the head unit. I am not looking forward to doing that since it's such a tight fit and PITA to fit all the wires back in, so I'm procrastinating. I may just wait till I have time to finish my V1 install at the same time. That's another thing I screwed up when I did the original RNS-E install (I didn't leave enough slack in the cord running up the A-pillar).

·
Registered
172 Posts
You could always get one of those custom harnesses from Teddy, which come with longer wires so you can tuck the connectors behind the climate control a bit easier. Not sure what he charges, but might be worth it IMHO. The A6 C5 is a major PITA when it comes to pressing the unit in place. Trial and error, usually takes a few times to get it right. I wish I had smaller hands.

Anyway, if you want a hand pulling your A-pillar so get at the wiring for the V1, I'd be happy to help in any way I can. Just give me the word.

·
Registered
172 Posts
ktkemp said:
Mine didn't have any symbols not recognized by Notepad that I could see, the numbers just ran right into the next key name. e.g. ...1223NAVVER...

I opened it in Groovy as well and didn't see anything else there either.
I just opened my INDEX.TXT file in Groovy Hex Editor, and there are blocks where my how-to post has the asterisks. Can you take a screenshot of what your original INDEX.TXT file shows?
(you can just hit shift+Printscrn and paste into MS paint)

That might help in figuring out what to do with your file.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.