Audi Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to everybody! This is my first post. I'm from Spain and I have a problem with my RNS-E.
I own a A3 (8P chassis) that I bought with RNS-E already installed. Everything worked flawlessly until I retrofitted the Audi original BT module. My RNS-E fails when I try to insert a new entry on NAME screen. Now I'm unable neither to add new positions on the map. The sequence is something like this:

I select New Entry. It shows me the entry screen where I should type the name of the contact. Then, when I type the first letter, the system go back alone, as if I just pressed the RETURN key. There is no way to input any letter... no way to enter a new contact or map position into the system!
Do you have any clue of what happened? any wrong codification after the BT module installation?

Please, people with knowledge about this unit, help me! I really need this feature due to my job :cry:

Thank you in advance! :wink:
Cheers from Europe!

PS: Just a couple of pics of my unit

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
I had this issue once where i couldn't add new names to the directory. Can't remember how I solved it, I guess it was either a reset (press RADIO+SETUP until the RNS-E reboots) or some fancy coding (which should not be the cause in your case).

What coding did you change whenyou installed the BT interface?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, AudiA4B6US :)

I've just tried to reboot the system, but nothing changed.
The BT module was installed by the only people that dares to do that kind of things in Spain. None of the Audi dealers want to know anything about that.
So, as I have no idea about all this stuff, and the installers got no clue about what causes the problem, I'll appreciate very much if you could tell me what I may suggest them to try or do.
Unfortunatley, they are in a different city, so before I take my car to do 200 miles to see them, I'd like to know what to ask them by phone to them to try it in other unit (if that's possible).

I'm pretty sure that it's a issue easy to solve, the problem is to know where to look...
(sorry for my terrible English!)

Thx!
galanot

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Hard to say where the issue comes from. I would read out faults in #77 (BT Interface) and #37 (RNS-E) and see if there is anything logged.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll talk to them later, let's see what happens.
BTW, nice A4! Do you see many Audis in the USA? What is the perception of this brand in your country?

g.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts