Audi Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first off i must say this forum made me buy an rns e (thanks guys) and second i would just like to reassure everyone that i tried searching the forums before hand.

my install was a single din to double din, it was hard but well worth it was.btw, my system is non bose if that helps ...

BEFORE

AFTER

my 2 problems during install (i tried lookin at the forums and i remeber seeing it sumwhere but for some reason i cant find it when i need it, thats life!!)

1- i am unable to vagcom, it (the RNS) asks for a cd changer, a mfsw both of which don't have. i connected the 3 adapter plugs and for some reason vag com ( i think i havet he ross tech cable) won't work which leads me to my other question
2- my rns plays mp3s and such but in the DIS if the title is too long it doesnt scroll thru the whole title so on my display i will see Jay-Z and Link..... and thats it (maybe it shows less than that but u get the point) it will scroll thru and say Linkin Park- Numb/ Encore...

n e input in this matter will be much appreciated, and plz don't flame me, i really tried looking in the forums.. Yay im part of the RNS family now !!!!

TIA

james

·
Registered
209 Posts
The DIS does not scroll, that's just the way it work.

I don't know why Audi can't change this...how difficult can it be?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
If you are using a Ross-tech cable it should say so on one side of the cable. If you do then get the newest version of VAG-COM (607.0 at this time) to reduce the likelyhood of issues being cause by outdated software.

The VAG-COM cable talks to the RNS-E in the A4 via k-line, the k wire hsould go from connector B pin 5 (RNS-E side) to connector III pin 3 (car side, see http://www.nsxjr.com/docs/RNStoSym2.pdf for details). Make sure that this wire exists.

If you are still having problems to connect to the RNS-E, post the exact message you are getting from VAG-COM when you try to connect to the RNS-E.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks audia4b4us, u have helped me out b4, a good 3 months ago i asked u about a single din to double din conversion on AW and u s got me started by telling me i need a new climate control and a new double din cage, i will let u know what error message i get when i try this after work !

thanks again and i will keep u all posted

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok i cannot get my DIS to work in junction with the RNS

The main problem is I'm unable to change coding from 8 to 1 because i don't have steering wheel control, cd changer, or even tv tuner. There are 4 trouble codes in RNS, it includes all of the above... non exist units un-communicate and missing coding wiring.. any help would be much much appreciated

And the cable I'm using is HEX-CAN.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts