Audi Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have the original mobil cradel for Audi installed. My Mobil is a Nokia 6230i with the newest firmware.
On the RNS-E I have also the newest firmware.

After putting in the Mobil the first time, all numbers were copied to the RNS-E.
Now, if I change a number or modify a number on the mobile, it changes not in the RNS-E. If I look in the phonebook of the mobile, everything is correct.

Is there a function to manual sync the RNS-E phonebook with the mobile phonebook?
I found nothing.

Thanx in advance.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
topgun9014 said:
Hello,

I have a question, how do you check the firmware of the mobile phone or its cardle??
on the mobile type: *#0000#
on the RNS-E you find it somewhere in the Setup menu (I forgot the exact plac)

Nobody any idea on my problem??

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Firmware version of phone - depends on the phone, probably best to do a quick Google +(maker) +firmware +version.

Firmware version of cradle - the cradle doesn't have any firmware. The Audi Bluetooth module has whatever firmware was released with the module that you have (VAG-COM will tell you that), and it cannot be updated.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Rns-e phone problem

I have phone firmware version
V 03.80
31-mar-06
RM-72

and have the latest rns-e firmware 0500.
But when i put my phone in the armrest cardle, i cannot dial or receive phone calls using the rns-e headunit. i have a message on the rns-e (use your mobile phone) when i make calls or receive calls using my mobile phone, the rns-e units mutes.
Will i be able to copy the phone book to rns-e? or even make calls and receive calls? instead of opening the armrest and pushing the answer button??

Please help

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
What car and model year? Could be wrong coding.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Since you have a 2004 model, it's very possible that the phone module you have does not support the enhanced features i.e. full integration with the RNS-E.

To tell we need to know:

1) part number (especially the suffix letter) of your phone module
2) coding of your phone module
3) coding of your RNS-E

You'll need VAG-COM for 2 and 3, and it's the easiest way to get 1 as well.

·
Registered
45 Posts
No Control response

Hello,

I used a Ross-Tech cable with the latest vag-com software 704.1 and when getting to STG 77 telephone, it could not get a response. I get the message no control response.
What does this mean?? that i dont have a telephone interface??
How can i install one?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
The earlier phone interfaces were not accessible with VAS or VAG-COM. Using VAG-COM 704 and getting no response from #77 would indicate that no intefrace is installed or that the interface is too old (pre MY 2004 I would guess). Those usually have a part number that doesn't start with 8P0 and those are using a different connector (they are not plug and play replacable with the new phone interface).

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
I don't know where the interface is installed by default in an 8H (Cabrio) but in the 8E (Sedan/Avant) it is located under the passenger seat (in LHD cars that is). AFAIK the old interface has no diagnostics functions, so no way to test if it's working or not.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
You can use any of the interfaces for your region but you will need to get an adapter harness or build you own one. The upgrade old intefrace to new interface is not plug and play.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Mission of finding the interface

In order to track and find the interface... i need to know if it is usually connected to the RNS-E unit... should it be in the normal situation??

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.