Audi Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just fitted an AV adapter to my RNS-E.

But the RNS-E doesn't recognise it's presence even if I code the RNS-E as though there is a TV tuner (when it throws a TV Tuner not communicating fault code).

And TV doesn't appear on the CD/TV menu whether it's coded for a TV tuner or not - I still get CD and MP3 only.

I've connected a camera so there is a valid AV input to the adapter, but no difference.

What's the correct setup with one of these AV adapters re coding, etc.?

I guess either I'm doing something simple wrong, or the adapter is faulty.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Have you double checked the CAN connections, it sounds like the RSNE is not getting the CAN messages from the AV adapter.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Coding shouldn't matter at all, I'm using my AV adapter with a xxxx111 coding and still get the TV entry as soon as I connect the CAN wires.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought it might be a CAN problem, thanks for confirming that guys.

I'll double check the CAN connections in the morning (it's 6pm now, time to get the BBQ going!).

·
Registered
819 Posts
Where did you get the module from? I've had a couple of the eBay version die on me. I'm going to try the Kufatec version next.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
TDiAvant said:
Where did you get the module from? I've had a couple of the eBay version die on me.
eBay ... and guess what? It's faulty - as I found when I had a flat battery yesterday.

TDiAvant said:
I'm going to try the Kufatec version next.
Me too.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
On a bench test the eBay unit draws over 200 mA - no wonder I had a flat battery.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts