Audi Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys! i have problems showing navi information on fis display.

I have a brand new A4 SEDAN B7 2006 with COLOR FIS. I retrofitted RNS-E successfully, but no information on fis! Now i only can see radio,cd,mp3 and bt information, but not navi route.
I had VALUE 19 in STG 17 (Instrument cluster) -> Adaptation -> Function 10 -> Channel 62. I changed it from 19 to 23, but nothing happend.
I can't understand why it is still not working.

What do you suggest?

·
Registered
819 Posts
Give it time, I've retrofitted a nav units and it's taken anywhere from 1hour to 24 hours for the DIS to start working. You could try switching the nav/car on and off, and try creating a few routes. That can help it along.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know this trick! in my previous A4 B6 when i retrofitted rns-e i got fis information fully working with this operation. For this reason i can't understand why in my B7 it don't work! I retrofitted unit last week and every day i try to turn on/off navi, but NOTHING!!! damn...

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Using VAG-COM check both the RNS-E and instruments for fault codes.

If there are any, clear them and check again to see if they come back.

Check also that the instruments have accepted the new value in channel 62. The value 23 suggests that you have a phone interface as well as an RNS-E - is this correct?

23 = 16 + 4 + 2 + 1

16 = some instruments require this value
4 = navigation instructions
2 = phone information
1 = radio information

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
PetrolDave said:
Using VAG-COM check both the RNS-E and instruments for fault codes.

If there are any, clear them and check again to see if they come back.

Check also that the instruments have accepted the new value in channel 62. The value 23 suggests that you have a phone interface as well as an RNS-E - is this correct?

23 = 16 + 4 + 2 + 1

16 = some instruments require this value
4 = navigation instructions
2 = phone information
1 = radio information
right. your informations are correct. i checked an all values are correct, no fault codes, value in channel 62 is correct and rns-e is ok. I tested rns-e in another a4 b6 and i can see fis information. So it is a cluster problem.

Now, what can i do?

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
The only other thing I can think of is to remove the fuse that supplies power to the instruments for a few minutes and see if it works after that.

·
Registered
19 Posts
audi4chrome said:
i will try. thanks. do you know number of fuse?
It's shown on the back of the fuse box cover: Number 15. I'm having a similar problem so I tried this. I unplugged the fuse and waited a minute then plugged it back in. The only thing this did was make me reset the time and date ... :(

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
DONE! PROBLEM SOLVED! i recode channel 62 with value 23, than i unplugged fuse 15 (cluster) and 39 (radio). i replaced fuse then the informations appeared on FIS.
NOW everything works fine!

thanks for help!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am having the same problem, disconnected fuses, no fix...

guess I'll wait for several hours, unless anyone else knows of a fix.

Rick

·
Registered
3 Posts
It works now, just needed that mysterious wresting time...

for the CAN BUS to recgonize it. I still have the red DIS issue where the DIS will only display nav if you turn the head unit off and on again.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Re: It works now, just needed that mysterious wresting time...

RickS2R said:
for the CAN BUS to recgonize it. I still have the red DIS issue where the DIS will only display nav if you turn the head unit off and on again.
I've got the same problem. I don't think there's a fix. After it not working at all, I can live with having to do a quick power off and on.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts