Audi Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All!

I've recently had installed the Dietz 1491 Tuner and the IMU in my A3. All's been working fine over last two days, except this morning, got to the car and the battery was dead.

When i got it started, the RNS-E didn't recognise the TV input. Checked the Tuner and there's power to it, so i can only think that the IMU has packed in?

I know that the Tuner has a switched power source, as its goes off when the key is taken out.

Just wanted some thoughts or suggestions as to what could be the problem.

Thanks.

·
Registered
95 Posts
The Tuner must be connected to a +12V switched, it seems that you are using +12V permanent.

Regards

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.

I've disconneted everything, doubled checked, and re-connected. The tuner is wired up to a +12v switched feed, so is the Dietz IMU.

The RNS-E recognises there's a TV again, which is good, however i don't get any picture.

I can hear the sound. And i know the tuner is putting out a picture, as i've run a cable from the tuner to my TV in the lounge! So i can only think that this IMU is faulty?

I am missing something?

Thanks again in advance.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Apparently all is ok, just check with a multimeter if the IMU doesn't turn off when the navi does, it seems that your IMU is not ok.

Regards

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your advice.

I'm convinced the IMU is faulty. I've checked all wires and power with a multimeter, and can't think of anything else.

Now waiting for a reply off Dietz to get a replacement... this'll check their aftersales service!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts