Audi Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been having this problem but lately it's been showing up more often.

The unit would work fine and then the screen goes dim. If you look closely, you can tell that its on. All of the control would stop working except for the power control. I can turn on and off and change the volume. I normally has it on the SD card player and the music still work. I can't change track, but it will go to the next track after the end of a song.

Sometime it will recover within second. Sometime it just stay there for a while. I have had cases where I'll leave it off (meaning leaving the car parked) and come back to it and the same problem is still there. One method that I've learned to somewhat fix it is to bang on the side of the console to get it back. It doesn't work all the time, but occassionally. I checked all the wiring, but nothing seems loose.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Mostlikely control board is damaged, and doesn't connect every time. Banging on the side will make things worse.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you have any suggestion on how to repair it? I don't want to spend money on getting another unit because its expensive and I've read that they don't make my unit any more.

Is there some place I can just open up and tighten it up?

thanks for the reply

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
To be honest I doubt that any place in US will be able to fix that. You can try to ask in electronic repair shops, but it would be pretty hard to find defect on the board, especially that this is not an standard electronic item.

If you are close to Chicago I could take a look.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts