Audi Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I bought a B5 2001.5 Audi S4 last year (May) with about 82k on it, have 89k miles now on it. Car was driving fine, once I got a check engine light because I had not closed the fuel cap tightly enough, and once I got the check engine light and when I checked with mechanic, he said something (don’t recall what on the underside had come unplugged, some hose).

A couple of weeks the check engine light came on again and stayed for about 100 miles (my mechanic’s Audi analyzer needed calibration so did not go to him), and then light went out.

This Friday drove for about 30 miles and light came on during that. I parked the car outside my apt (in the street) and yesterday (Saturday) about 24 hours later when I tried to start it nothing happened, no lights on instrument panel, no cranking, nothing. I don’t believe I left the lights on but not 100% sure. Even pressing the unlock key on my remote does nothing.

I live in San Francisco, and we have had lots of rain this past week FYI.

Not sure what to do, and if I should try jumping car, or just have it towed to nearest Audi mechanic and have it checked out.

Any suggestions/advice appreciated.

Thanks

Shriram

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you can't even use the remote control then your battery is probably dead but not necessarily because it's old. To see about the "light" problem I recommend that you do a scan for codes when the light is on, come back with the codes, and we can try to guide you on the path to solving your problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts