Audi Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

Following the VIM program made by PowerTony on my RNS-E :) , I have installed a Digital TV receiver.

Here is a picture of it:

I have installed the two antennas on the two back side windows, where there are already the original radio antennas.

Since this installation, radios have not the same sensitiviness : I am facing some problem to have a great quality of radio, like it was before. As example, this morning, I made the same trip than everyday, and the RNS-E lost frequently the radios network!! Some radios looked quite weak in some area :? !

Is it normal? Is it due to the location of the two TV antennas? Could it be that some interferences are created due the close location of the diferent antennas (TV and radio).
If it is the case, where should I install the two TV antennas?

Many thanks for your helps and advises :wink: .

Gasy

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Did you plug your white radio antenna connector back in after you pulled the RNS-E out to install the TV wiring?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello NSX Jr,

Sorry, I did not catch your answer.
I have checked this white radio antenna plug, and it seems that it is well plugged on the back of the RNS-E.
So it is the reason I am wondering why the radio signal is not so good :cry: !
If you are talking about the order of wiring, I have first plugged the TV wiring (on the electrical CD charger wiring), and after plugged the antenna radio connector.
I hope it answers to your question.

Gasy

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
In that case, the next step would be to unplug your TV antennas and see if that solves your problem. If it does, then you know for sure that the TV antennas are killing your radio antenna reception.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You are right, I will try in this way.
Thanks.

Gasy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.