Audi Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What type of wrench do you need to remove the passenger seat. I went to advanced auto and the guy told me the peice is specific to audi / VW

·
Registered
87 Posts
CZVT07 said:
What type of wrench do you need to remove the passenger seat. I went to advanced auto and the guy told me the peice is specific to audi / VW
It is jsut a standard allen wrench (I know it looks like something different.. bit it isn;t.. just the standard wrench.

·
Registered
87 Posts
CZVT07 said:
Think I can get it at Lows
Yea.. it is just a regular allen wrench. I just grabbed my set of allen wrenches and found the right size. I suppose it might be larger than most people have (i will go out to the garage to see if i can find out what size i used.)

·
Registered
87 Posts
gregtay said:
CZVT07 said:
Think I can get it at Lows
Yea.. it is just a regular allen wrench. I just grabbed my set of allen wrenches and found the right size. I suppose it might be larger than most people have (i will go out to the garage to see if i can find out what size i used.)
Just checked.. Size 8 allen wrench.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
In a B6 it's a 10mm triple square socket. A standard allen may fit but if you try to torque it with 50Nm it may not work that well.

·
Registered
87 Posts
AudiA4B6US said:
In a B6 it's a 10mm triple square socket. A standard allen may fit but if you try to torque it with 50Nm it may not work that well.
good to know. It actually fits really well (no slop, etc.)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I ordered a 10mm Triple square socket, are you sure this is the right size for the bolt. I have seen some advertisments saying 12mm.
Thanks

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
I ordered a set and IIRC the 10mm was the correct one. Haven't removed the seat though because it's still too cold outside :lol:

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
CZVT07 said:
I ordered a 10mm Triple square socket, are you sure this is the right size for the bolt. I have seen some advertisments saying 12mm.
Thanks
12mm is the triple square for the steering wheel bolt.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks, I am a little worried because I tried using a torx and an 8mm allen wrench with both were a little loose and I might have stripped the screw. If I did, any good Ideas for getting the scew out? I was just going to dremmel two slits in opposite sides and use a slotted screwdriver but I dont know if I will be able to find a slotted screw driver that wide. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I just hope that once I get the 10mm triple square socket in. I will find out that the screw is not stripped [-o<

·
Registered
68 Posts
CZVT07 said:
If I did, any good Ideas for getting the scew out? [-o<
Get a Torx socket that is a little bit bigger than the stripped alan head bolt, tap the torx into the hole with a hammer (straight) and go as far as the torx will go. With a ratchet quicky loosen the bolt at least to get it moving and you should be home free. That is how I have always got them out, sometimes it works sometimes you break your knuckles, trial and error.

Bajo

1 - 13 of 13 Posts