Audi Forum banner

problel with the lights and shutting off

4443 Views 47 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  AudiA4B6US
hi i installed a navigation system on my A6,i have a small problem ,every 1/2 hour it shuts off i gotta turn it back on ,and when i turn the lights on of the car the lights of the navigation dont go on,some people tell me that this has something to do with vagcom,or do you think it's the connection? :( :(
41 - 48 of 48 Posts
this is the message i am getting:

kwp2000.adress unkown
please contact ross-tech
What kind of cable do you use and which VAG-COM version?
BY THE WAY, IT WORKS ON MY OTHER AUDI,I HAVE NAVIGATION PLUS IN IT,AND I CHECKED THE PIN (K) IT'S PLUGGED IN THE RIGHT PLACE.I TRIED TO GO IN WITH THE NUMBER 56 AND IT ONLY LETS ME GO TO ERASE ERROR CODE AND ANOTHER OPTION I CAN'T REMEMBER WHAT IT WAS.I HAVE VAGCOM BETA 0.81 AND I HAVE THE CABLE THAT GOES IN A SMALL BOX THAN IT GOES IN THE CAR.ONTHE BLACK WIRE IT SAYS (OBD2)THAN GOES IN THE SQUARE BOX ,THAN FROM THE OTHER SIDE ,THERE'S ANOTHER WIRE PLUGGED THAT I CONNECT TO THE CAR.
OK, I won't comment on your software version beta 0.81, on the ODB2 cable and the fact that it works in your other Audi. But the RNS-E is pretty picky about timing and I would recommend to get access to a VAG-COM cable and the most recent software 5.04 and try it again. We have seen too many times that someone lost hours or days troubleshooting an issue which was cause by "inexpensive" ODB cables.
i checked with my program ,vagcom beta,i could access the address 56,it gives me only fault codes and meas. blocks ,andi can access instruments,from here i can go to adaptation and i can only go down and up to number 12.where can i download the newer version?
If you have a VAG-COM cable form Ross Tech you can get the newest software at www.ross-tech.com. If your cable is not from Ross Tech you should contact the vendor of that cable for their current software.
hi it's me again,how are you?i have a small question? if i wanna download a videoclip on my sd card or on a dvd ,is it possible to watch it on the navi?
Sevag said:
hi it's me again,how are you?i have a small question? if i wanna download a videoclip on my sd card or on a dvd ,is it possible to watch it on the navi?
No...
41 - 48 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.