Audi Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I've just installed my RNS-E in my 2004 8E Audi A4. Everything seems to be working... except...

TMC is shown as disabled. I don't understand that - I live in Denmark, TMC is working like a charm here.

Next, on the nav screen, when selecting the radio, the RNS-E lists the available radio channels... Or at least it should. It seems like it's trying to list channels, but I can't selet them, and some of the characters seems to missing - the text is simply unreadable.

There is nothing wrong with the reception - just as good as on my Concert II, I just have to tune into the channel I want... When storing the channels in memory, I can't select them afterwards - they are just gray'ed out:

I don't understand this - did the retrofit a week ago, borrowed an RNS-E from a friend who's waiting for his car, it work fine, TMC and all. Now, after having recieved my own, I get this problems.

I still haven't VAG'ed it, so it thinks the car has multi function steering wheel and handsfree...

any ideas and suggestions ???

Thanks

Best Regards

Henrik

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Forgot the version numbers :

HW index : H56
Map database index EN2003
HU/Navi SW version V220033E
Boot version V220100D
Audio SW version A2210126-110205

Best Regards

Henrik

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
I would suspect a corrupt software update. The NAVVER V220033E belongs to the Euro 0100 software, the AUDVER is from the Euro 0330 software. A mix of different software versions is never good.

What kind of DVD do you have? If you have a 2005_1 or newer, try to borrow a 2006 DVD and update your software again (RNS-E must reboot twice to complete update). If you only have a 2005 or older, change channel 97 in #37 to 1 and insert the old DVD. If the RNS-E does not perform an update, borrow a 2005_1 (or newer) DVD and update the software first, then change the channel value and downgrade back to 0100.

Btw, BMP images don't display right in a web environment, try to link JPG or GIF to your post.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Interesting... I'll try to get hold of a 2006 DVD and use that one to update the unit.

I've not done this before - anything I need to be aware of?

I guess it's just a question of putting the new DVD in the drive and letting the unit do the rest, right?

Thanks for your help sofar - I hope this will solve my problem.

Best Regards

Henrik

BTW: A nice feature for the RNS-E would be to select screen dumps in gif or jpeg :D

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Just insert the new DVD, keep the engine running in case you battery is not the most powerful anymore. After a few seconds the RNS-E should start the update. But don't try this with a backup DVD unless you are sure that the backup works. Otherwise you will get the software updated but can't use the older navi DVD anymore.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I've tried setting channel 97 to 1 in group 37 in VAG-Com, that made the unit upgrade its software when I inserted the 2004/2004 DVD I have. This did however not solve the problem, and neither did it look like any of the software versions changed.

The problem persists - I'm trying to get a hold of a 2006 navigation DVD now.

Best Regards

Henrik

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
I have seen this radio problem when the two stages of the update have not completed correctly, after the first stage, you can see the corrupted radio channels. When the second stage completes, these dissappear.

PM me for details of a 200_1 (SW 460) disk

Craig

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.