Audi Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked around all threads regarding this subject, but I don't seem to get the SDS to work on my RNS-E:

- I have RNS-E EU H48 with SW0500
- coding of RNS-E is now 419713
- I have BT module 8P0 862 335C
- coding of BT module is 10702

Looking around this forum, I thought I had to recode the BT module to: 10782 or 10722 to get SDS to work, so I asked the dealer to do so:
- 10782: error, not able to code
- 10722: now set, but still no SDS :-(

What do I do wrong? DO I have to recode the RNS-E too?

Thanks for any help (car will be at dealer again coming Friday)!

regards,

AS4udibert

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
If you had an RNS-E with SDS and a MFSW, then I use 11802 for an A4

For a Non SDS RNS-E and a MFSW it would be 11822

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
S4udibert said:
Thx for your answer!

Since I do NOT have a MFSW, I want to use seek (SK) button as PTT, as is describeded in this thread: http://www.navplus.us/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3218&postorder=asc&start=30

does this mean that it should be 10782 instead of 11882? but why do i get an error coding it like that?
The problem is that the "SK as PTT" feature has to be enabled EVERY TIME you turn on the RNS-E - it is not a "sticky" setting.

So every time you turn on the RNS-E you would have to go into Engineering Mode, select the correct page, click on the button and exit Engineering Mode.

Not a "real world" option IMHO?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thx for your comments..........I want to test SDS before I do a retrofit of an MFSW (which seems a complex project), so that's why I hoped it would be as easy as recoding to test it.........

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
It should be mentioned that you are talking about voice control for the phone and not SDS. SDS ist hardware dependend and I'm sure you don't have a 8E0 "H" or "N" RNS-E with H48.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Voice control of the phone is indeed the least I want.......more SDS functions are probably not available........is coding the same as for SDS?

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
S4udibert said:
Voice control of the phone is indeed the least I want.......more SDS functions are probably not available........is coding the same as for SDS?
SDS is NOT a coding issue - it's a different version of the RNS-E.

You're mixing up phone voice dialling and SDS - they are different.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok, so I want to use voice dialling......using SK as PTT button, how does the coding look like? and why do I get an error message?

TIA!

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
S4udibert said:
ok, so I want to use voice dialling......using SK as PTT button, how does the coding look like? and why do I get an error message?

TIA!
What coding have you tried and what error message do you get?

BTW I'm not sure that the "SK as PTT" will work as you wish for testing - it depends if the RNS-E outputs the PTT CAN message to the phone module or not (I'm not at all sure that it will).

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
coding 10782 gives error (unable to code)

code 10722 is accepted, but............the SK as PTT does noet work

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
S4udibert said:
the SK as PTT does not work
Didn't think it would.

The "SK as PTT" is internal to the RNS-E, so the chance of it generating a CAN bus message which then gets sent to the Bluetooth module was always going to be slim-to-none.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks for the info;

how is it then that some people seem to have this work? (see other thread)?

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
S4udibert said:
thanks for the info;

how is it then that some people seem to have this work? (see other thread)?
Depends what they mean by "work" - I have it "working" but I have an H suffix RNS-E (with SDS) so it works (I press the SK key and speak to my RNS-E - the Bluetooth microphone is connected through my RNS-E - which then obeys my command).

But it WON'T make the voice commands on a Bluetooth module work from the SK button on the RNS-E, nor will it make a non-SDS RNS-E accept voice commands.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok, clear answer PetrolDave; assuming I don't have an RNS-E capable of SDS (it is H48, don't know if it is type D, H, ...........?) how is it possible to use voice commands to control the bluetooth module? (if have the same Motorola IHF 1000 kit in my other car and there the voice commands work great, I like to have this in my Audi too!)

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
S4udibert said:
Ok, clear answer PetrolDave; assuming I don't have an RNS-E capable of SDS (it is H48, don't know if it is type D, H, ...........?) how is it possible to use voice commands to control the bluetooth module? (if have the same Motorola IHF 1000 kit in my other car and there the voice commands work great, I like to have this in my Audi too!)
THE Hnn (hardware version number) of the RNS-E has no relationship to the version of the RNS-E - you have to look on the label on the RNS-E or at the version number shown by VAG-COM.

To use voice commands to control the Audi Bluetooth module you need an MFSW.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.